Call for applications: Cancer Research and Global Health Workshop I Jan 2018 in London
A one-day workshop “Cancer Research and Global Health” has been organised to inform the cancer community about all funding opportunities for global health across the MRC’s remit, and it will be an ideal setting for researchers to discuss ideas.
This workshop will take place on the 22 January 2018 at the BEIS Conference Centre, 1 Victoria Street, London, SW1E 5ND.
The event will consist of:
· an overview of available funding schemes for cancer research, including the future MRC pump-priming call in 2018
· invited talks by global health researchers working in the UK and in LMICs, to provide a global perspective of the research landscape and its current opportunities and challenges, and to learn from leading researchers how to successfully establish international collaborations
· a panel discussion on multidisciplinary research, the potential of novel technologies and opportunities in health systems development
· plenty of opportunities for networking and informal discussions
A final agenda will be announced in due course.
Applications for this workshop are open to researchers that are:
· Cancer research experts with experience in working in LMICs or interested in expanding their research to LMIC settings
· Global health researchers aiming to venture into the cancer research field or to collaborate with cancer researchers
Workshop participants will be selected on a first-come, first-served basis. Applications must be received by 5 pm on 12 December 2017. Applicants will be informed of the outcome by early January 2018.
Please submit your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please check for important details of the workshop here.