14. The SUMO Cycle in Hydra. U Khan, P Mehere, D Senthilkumar D, GS Ratnaparkhi. Genesis: Journal of Genetics & Development (2013) 51:619-29.
15. Gene duplication, lineage-specific expansion, and subfunctionalization in the MADF-BESS family patterns the Drosophila wing hinge. VS Shukla, F Habib, A Kulkarni & GS Ratnaparkhi. Genetics (2014) 196: 481-96.
16. ‘Cascades, gradients and gene-networks in dorsoventral patterning’ in Principles of Developmental Genetics. (2014), Second Edition. Editor Sally Moody. GS Ratnaparkhi & AJ Courey. Elsevier Publishing.
17. A genetic screen identifies Tor as an interactor of VAPB in a Drosophila model of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis. D Senthilkumar, HK Verma, R Ueda, A Ratnaparkhi, GS Ratnaparkhi. Biol. Open (2014) 3:1127-38. doi: 10.1242/bio.201410066.
18. A Pre-Synaptic Regulatory System Acts Trans-Synaptically via Mon1 to Regulate Glutamate Receptor Levels in Drosophila. Genetics (2015). Deivasigamani S, Basargekar A, Shweta K, Sonavane P, Ratnaparkhi GS, Ratnaparkhi A. pii: genetics.115.177402. [Epub ahead of print].
19. SUMOylation in the innate immune response. Handu M, Kaduskar B, Ravindranathan R, Soory A, Giri R, Elango VB, Gowda H, Ratnaparkhi GS. G3:Genes, Genomes & Genetics (2015) pii: g3.115.020958. doi: 10.1534/g3.115.020958. [Epub ahead of print].
Ph.D. (Varadarajan Laboratory, IISc, Bangalore)
1. Structural and thermodynamic consequences of changing a Sulfur atom to a methylene group in the M13Nle mutation in Ribonuclease S. J Thompson, GS Ratnaparkhi, JM Sturtevant, R Varadarajan & FM Richards. Biochemistry (1994) 33:8537-8593.
2. Dynamics of RNase A and RNase S: Computational and Experimental Studies. G. Nadig, GS Ratnaparkhi, R Varadarajan & S Vishveshwara. Protein Science (1996) 5:2104-2114.
3. Structural studies of protein denaturation. GS Ratnaparkhi and R Varadarajan. Current Science (1997) 72:826-830.
4. Discrepencies between the NMR and X-ray structures of uncomplexed barstar: Analysis suggests that packing densities of protein structures determined by NMR are unreliable. GS Ratnaparkhi, S Ramachandran, J Udgaonkar and R Varadarajan. Biochemistry (1998) 36:6958-6966.
5. Native state hydrogen exchange of a fragment complex gives structural information on the individual fragments. G Chakshusmati/ GS Ratnaparkhi, PK Madhu and R Varadarajan. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sc. USA (1999) 96:7899-904.
6. X-ray Crystallographic studies of denaturation of Ribonuclease S. GS Ratnaparkhi & R Varadarajan. Proteins (1999) 36:282-94.
7. Structural and thermodynamic consequences of replacement of Ala 4 in Ribonuclease S by an -aminoisobutyric residue. GS Ratnaparkhi, S Awasthi, P Rani, P Balaram & R Varadarajan. Protein Engineering (2000) 13:697-702.
8. Thermodynamic and structural studies of cavity formation in proteins suggest that close packing rather than the hydrophobic effect dominates protein-folding energetics. GS Ratnaparkhi & R Varadarajan. Biochemistry (2000) 39:12365-74.
Post Doc. (Visiting Fellow, NCBS, Bangalore)
9. Osmolytes stabilize Ribonuclease S by stabilizing its fragments S protein and S peptide to compact folding-competent states. GS Ratnaparkhi & R Varadarajan. J Biol Chem (2001) 276:28789-98.
Post Doc. (Courey Laboratory, Chemistry & Biochemistry, UCLA)
10. Uncoupling the activation and repression abilities of Dorsal in the Drosophila embryo. GS Ratnaparkhi, S Jia and AJ Courey. Development (2006) 133:4409-14.
11. ‘Cascades, gradients and gene-networks in dorsoventral patterning’ in Principles of Developmental Genetics. (2007), Editor Sally Moody. GS Ratnaparkhi & AJ Courey. Elsevier Publishing.
12. The dorsal interacting protein 3 potentiates activation by Drosophila rel homology domain proteins. GS Ratnaparkhi, HA Duong & AJ Courey. Developmental and Comparative Immunology (2008) 32:1290-300.
13. Non-Cell-Autonomous inhibition of Drosophila photoreceptor development by Dip3. H Duong, CW Wang, R Nagaraj, GS Ratnaparkhi, YH Sun, AJ Courey Dev. Biol. (2008) 323: 105-13.