1. Rampalli S, Kulkarni A, Kumar P, Mogare D, Galande S, Mitra D, Chattopadhyay S. Stimulation of Tat-independent transcriptional processivity from the HIV-1 LTRpromoter by matrix attachment regions. Nucleic acids research. 2003; 31(12):3248-56.
2. Kulkarni A, Pavithra L, Rampalli S, Mogare D, Babu K, Shiekh G, Ghosh S, Chattopadhyay S. HIV-1 integration sites are flanked by potential MARs that alonecan act as promoters. Biochemical and biophysical research communications. 2004; 322(2):672-7.
3. Kulkarni A, Ravi DS, Singh K, Rampalli S, Parekh V, Mitra D, Chattopadhyay S. HIV-1 Tat modulates T-bet expression and induces Th1 type of immune response. Biochemical and biophysical research communications. 2005; 329(2):706-12.
4. Rampalli S, Pavithra L, Bhatt A, Kundu TK, Chattopadhyay S. Tumor suppressor SMAR1 mediates cyclin D1 repression by recruitment of the SIN3/histone deacetylase 1 complex. Molecular and cellular biology. 2005; 25(19):8415-29.
5. Pavithra L, Rampalli S, Sinha S, Sreenath K, Pestell RG, Chattopadhyay S. Stabilization of SMAR1 mRNA by PGA2 involves a stem loop structure in the 5' UTR. Nucleic acids research. 2007; 35(18):6004-16.
6. Rampalli S, Li L, Mak E, Ge K, Brand M, Tapscott SJ, Dilworth FJ. p38 MAPK signaling regulates recruitment of Ash2L-containing methyltransferase complexes to specific genes during differentiation. Nature structural & molecular biology. 2007; 14(12):1150-6.
7. Brand M, Rampalli S, Chaturvedi CP, Dilworth FJ. Analysis of epigenetic modifications of chromatin at specific gene loci by native chromatin immunoprecipitation of nucleosomes isolated using hydroxyapatite chromatography. Nature protocols. 2008; 3(3):398-409.
8. Larsen BD, Rampalli S, Burns LE, Brunette S, Dilworth FJ, Megeney LA. Caspase 3/caspase-activated DNase promote cell differentiation by inducing DNA strand
breaks. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 2010; 107(9):4230-5.
9. Seenundun S, Rampalli S, Liu QC, Aziz A, Palii C, Hong S, Blais A, Brand M, Ge K,
Dilworth FJ. UTX mediates demethylation of H3K27me3 at muscle-specific genes
during myogenesis. The EMBO journal. 2010; 29(8):1401-11.
10. Szabo E, Rampalli S, Risueño RM, Schnerch A, Mitchell R, Fiebig-Comyn A, Levadoux-Martin M, Bhatia M. Direct conversion of human fibroblasts to multilineage blood progenitors. Nature. 2010; 468(7323):521-6.
11. Malonia SK, Sinha S, Lakshminarasimhan P, Singh K, Jalota-Badhwar A, Rampalli S, Kaul-Ghanekar R, Chattopadhyay S. Gene regulation by SMAR1: Role in cellular homeostasis and cancer. Biochimica et biophysica acta. 2011; 1815(1):1-12.
12. Hong SH, Rampalli S, Lee JB, McNicol J, Collins T, Draper JS, Bhatia M. Cell fate
potential of human pluripotent stem cells is encoded by histone modifications. Cell stem cell. 2011; 9(1):24-36.
13. Rampalli S, Bhatia M. Human pluripotency: a difficult state to make smart choices. Cell cycle (Georgetown, Tex.). 2012; 11(13):2411-2.
14. McIntyre BA, Ramos-Mejia V, Rampalli S, Mechael R, Lee JH, Alev C, Sheng G, Bhatia M. Gli3-mediated hedgehog inhibition in human pluripotent stem cells initiates and augments developmental programming of adult hematopoiesis. Blood. 2013; 121(9):1543-52.
15. Rao RA, Dhele N, Cheemadan S, Ketkar A, Jayandharan GR, Palakodeti D, Rampalli S. Ezh2 mediated H3K27me3 activity facilitates somatic transition during human pluripotent reprogramming. Scientific reports. 2015; 5:8229.
16. Kaur R, Aiken C, Morrison LC, Rao R, Del Bigio MR, Rampalli S, Werbowetski-Ogilvie T. OTX2 exhibits cell-context-dependent effects on cellular and molecular properties of human embryonic neural precursors and medulloblastoma cells. Disease models & mechanisms. 2015; 8(10):1295-309.
Seminars Given (Title Venue and Date)
Participation in International Meetings