* indicates equal contribution, U indicates undergraduate student, © indicates corresponding author/s and listed in blue are members from my lab
1. Ashwani Bhardwaj*, Pratima Pandey* and Kavita Babu©; Control of locomotory behavior of Caenorhabditis elegans by the immunoglobulin superfamily protein RIG-3. Genetics 2020 Jan 1; 214(1): 135-45.
2. Yogesh Dahiya©, Saloni RoseU, Shruti Thapliyal, Shivam BhardwajU, Maruthi PrasadU and Kavita Babu©; Differential regulation of innate and learned behavior by CREB1/CRH-1 in Caenorhabditis elegans. The Journal of Neuroscience 2019 Oct 2; 39(40): 7934-46. https://www.jneurosci.org/content/39/40/7934.long
3. Raunaq Deo*, Manish S. Kushwah*, Sukrut C. Kamerkar, Nagesh Y. Kadam, Srishti Dar, Kavita Babu, Anand Srivastava and Thomas J. Pucadyil©; ATP-dependent membrane remodeling links EHD1 functions to endocytic recycling. Nature Communications 2018 Dec 5; 9(1): 5187.
4. Vina Tikiyani, Lei Li, Pallavi Sharma, Haowen Liu, Zhitao Hu and Kavita Babu©; Wnt secretion is regulated by the tetraspan protein HIC-1 through its interaction with Neurabin/NAB-1.Cell Reports 2018; Nov 13; 25(7): 1856-71.
5. Pallavi Sharma*, Lei Li*, Haowen Liu, Vina Tikiyani, Zhitao Hu© and Kavita Babu©; The Claudin-like protein, HPO-30, is required to maintain LAChRs at the Caenorhabditis elegans neuromuscular junction. The Journal of Neuroscience 2018 Aug 08; 38(32): 7072-87.
6. Ashwani Bhardwaj*, Saurabh Thapliyal*U, Yogesh Dahiya and Kavita Babu©; FLP-18 functions through the G-protein coupled receptors NPR-1 and NPR-4 to modulate reversal length in Caenorhabditis elegans. The Journal of Neuroscience 2018 May 16; 38(20): 4641-54.
Mentioned on This week in the journal by Teresa Esch. The Journal of Neuroscience 2018 May 16; 38(20) i.
Press Release from The Journal of Neuroscience for this work:
7. Shruti Thapliyal, Shruthi RavindranathU and Kavita Babu©; Regulation of glutamate signaling in the sensorimotor circuit by CASY-1A/Calsyntenin in Caenorhabditis elegans. Genetics 2018 Apr 01; 208(4): 1553-64.
8. Shruti Thapliyal, Amruta Vasudevan*, Yongming Dong*, Jihong Bai, Sandhya P. Koushika and Kavita Babu©; The C-terminal of CASY-1/Calsyntenin regulates GABAergic synaptic transmission at the Caenorhabditis elegans neuromuscular junction. PLoS Genetics 2018 Mar; 14(3):e1007236.
9. Pratima Pandey, Ashwani Bhardwaj and Kavita Babu©; Regulation of WNT Signaling at the Neuromuscular Junction by the Immunoglobulin Super-Family Protein RIG-3 in Caenorhabditis elegans. Genetics 2017 Jul 01; 206(3): 1521-34.
Reviews and Protocols
1. Vina Tikiyani© and Kavita Babu©; Claudins in the brain: Unconventional functions in neurons. Traffic 2019 Nov 01; 20(11): 807-14. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/tra.12685
2. Kavita Babu© and Sandhya P Koushika©; Sydney Brenner (1927-2019). Current Science 2019 Jun 25; 16(12): 2106-09. https://www.currentscience.ac.in/Volumes/116/12/2106.pdf
3. Shruti Thapliyal© and Kavita Babu©; C. elegans Locomotion: Finding Balance in Imbalance (invited review for a special edition of a Springer book). Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology (book series) 2019 Jan; 1112: 185-96. https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007%2F978-981-13-3065-0_14
4. Shruti Thapliyal and Kavita Babu©; Pentylenetetrazole (PTZ)-induced Convulsion Assay to Determine GABAergic Defects in Caenorhabditis elegans (invited protocol). Bio-protocol 2018 Sep 05; 8(17):e2989.
1. Nagesh Kadam©, Sukanta BeheraU, Sandeep Kumar, Anindya Ghosh-Roy and Kavita Babu©; The G-protein coupled receptor SRX-97 is required for concentration dependent sensing of benzaldehyde in Caenorhabditis elegans, bioRxiv 2020 Jan 06. https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.01.04.894824v1
2. Pratima Pandey*©, Anuradha Singh*, Harjot Kaur, Anindya Ghosh-Roy and Kavita Babu©; Loss of dop-2 causes increased dopamine release and locomotory defects in the presence of ethanol. bioRxiv 2019 Sep 23. https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/779405v1.
3. Yogesh Dahiya©, Saloni RoseU, Shruti Thapliyal, Shivam BhardwajU, Maruthi PrasadU and Kavita Babu©; Differential regulation of native and learned behavior by CREB1/CRH-1 in Caenorabditis elegans. bioRxiv 2019 Jan 04. https://www.biorxiv.org/content/early/2019/01/04/508986. This work has been published (see above).
The publications above represent work from Kavita Babu’s lab at IISER Mohali and are funded by an India Alliance Grant
The publications below represent work from Kavita Babu’s PhD and post doc
1. Babu, K., Hu, Z., Chien, S-C., Garriga, G. and Kaplan, J.M.; The Immunoglobulin super family protein RIG-3 prevents synaptic potentiation and regulates Wnt signaling. Neuron 2011 Jul 14; 71(1): 103-16.
2. Hu, Z.*, Pym, E.C.G.*, Babu, K.*, Vahlishan Murray, A.B.* and Kaplan, J.M.; A neuropeptide-mediated stretch response links muscle contraction to changes in neurotransmitter release. Neuron 2011 Jul 14; 71(1): 92-102.
3. Babu, K.© , Bahri, S., Alphey, L. and Chia, W.; Bifocal and PP1 interaction regulates targeting of the R-cell growth cone in Drosophila. Dev Biol 2005 Dec 15; 288(2): 372-86.
4. Babu, K., Cai, Y., Bahri, S. and Chia, W.; Roles of Bifocal, Homer and F-actin in anchoring Oskar to the posterior cortex of Drosophila oocytes. Genes Dev. 2004 Jan 15; 18(2): 138-43.
5. Helps, N.R.*, Cohen, P.T., Bahri, S.M., Chia, W. and Babu, K.*; Interaction with protein phosphatase 1 is essential for bifocal function during morphogenesis in the Drosophila compound eye. Mol Cell Biol. 2001 Mar; 21(6): 2154-64.