PubMed indexed peer reviewed publications
1. Gilbert CE, Babu GR, Gudlavalleti AS, Anchala R, Shukla R, Ballabh PH, Vashist P, Ramachandra SS, Allagh K, Sagar J, Bandyopadhyay S, Murthy GV. Eye care infrastructure and human resources for managing diabetic retinopathy in India: The India 11-city 9-state study. Indian journal of endocrinology and metabolism. 2016; 20(Suppl 1):S3-S10.
2. Gudlavalleti MV, Anchala R, Gudlavalleti AS, Ramachandra SS, Shukla R, Jotheeswaran AT, Babu GR, Singh V, Allagh K, Sagar J, Bandyopadhyay S, Gilbert CE. Perceptions and practices related to diabetes reported by persons with diabetes attending diabetic care clinics: The India 11-city 9-state study. Indian journal of endocrinology and metabolism. 2016; 20(Suppl 1):S26-32.
3. Anchala R, Gudlavalleti AS, Gudlavalleti MV, Singh V, Shukla R, Jotheeswaran AT, Babu GR, Ramachandra SS, Sagar J, Bandyopadhyay S, Ballabh HP, Gilbert CE. Human resources, patient load, and infrastructure at institutions providing diabetic care in India: The India 11-city 9-state study. Indian journal of endocrinologyand metabolism. 2016; 20(Suppl 1):S11-8.
4. Chen G, Cao Y, Yao Y, Li M, Tang W, Li J, Babu GR, Jia Y, Huan X, Xu G, Yang H, Fu G, Li L. Syphilis incidence among men who have sex with men in China: results from a meta-analysis. International journal of STD & AIDS. 2016
5. Yu W, Wang L, Han N, Zhang X, Mahapatra T, Mahapatra S, Babu GR, Tang W, Detels R, Zhao J. Pre-exposure prophylaxis of HIV: A right way to go or a long way to go? Artificial cells, nanomedicine, and biotechnology. 2016; 44(1):201-8.
6. Tang W, Babu GR, Li J, Zhang Y, Fu G, Huan X, Tucker JD, Zhao J, Detels R. The difference between HIV and syphilis prevalence and incidence cases: results from a cohort study in Nanjing, China, 2008-2010. International journal of STD & AIDS. 2015; 26(9):648-55.
7. Babu GR, Tejaswi B, Kalavathi M, Vatsala GM, Murthy GV, Kinra S, Neelon SE. Assessment of screening practices for gestational hyperglycaemia in public health facilities: a descriptive study in bangalore, India. Journal of public health research. 2015; 4(1):448.
8. Fu GF, Jiang N, Hu HY, Mahapatra T, Yin YP, Mahapatra S, Wang XL, Chen XS, Babu GR, Xu XQ, Ding P, Qiu T, Liu XY, Guo H, Huan XP, Tang W. The epidemic of HIV, syphilis, chlamydia and gonorrhea and the correlates of sexual transmitted infections among men who have sex with men in Jiangsu, China, 2009. PloS one.2015; 10(3):e0118863.
9. Cheng W, Tang W, Zhong F, Babu GR, Han Z, Qin F, Gao K, Mai H, Zhao Y, Liang C, Fan L, Wu H, Xu H, Wang M. Consistently high unprotected anal intercourse (UAI) and factors correlated with UAI among men who have sex with men: implication of a serial cross-sectional study in Guangzhou, China. BMC infectious diseases. 2014;14:696.
10. Babu GR, Jotheeswaran AT, Mahapatra T, Mahapatra S, Kumar A Sr, Detels R, Pearce N. Is hypertension associated with job strain? A meta-analysis of observational studies.
Republished from Babu GR, Jotheeswaran AT, Mahapatra T, Mahapatra S, Kumar A Sr, Detels R, Pearce N. Is hypertension associated with job strain? A meta-analysis of observational studies. Occupational and environmental medicine. 2014; 71(3):220-7.
11. Wang L, Tang W, Wang L, Qian S, Li YG, Xing J, Li D, Ding Z, Babu GR, Wang N. The HIV, syphilis, and HCV epidemics among female sex workers in china: results from a serial cross-sectional study between 2008 and 2012. Clinical infectious diseases : an official publication of the Infectious Diseases Society of America. 2014; 59(1):e1-9.
12. Mistry R, Babu GR, Mahapatra T, McCarthy WJ. Cognitive mediators and disparities in the relation between teen depressiveness and smoking. Drug and alcohol dependence. 2014; 140:56-62.
13. Babu GR, Garadi L, Murthy GV, Kinra S. Effect of hyperglycaemia in pregnancy on adiposity in their infants in India: a protocol of a multicentre cohort study. BMJ open. 2014; 4(6):e005417.
14. Mahapatra T, Mahapatra S, Babu GR, Tang W, Banerjee B, Mahapatra U, Das A.Cholera outbreaks in South and Southeast Asia: descriptive analysis, 2003-2012.Japanese journal of infectious diseases. 2014; 67(3):145-56.
15. Babu GR, Tn S, Bhan A, Lakshmi JK, Kishore M. An appraisal of the tuberculosis programme in India using an ethics framework. Indian journal of medical ethics. 2014; 11(1):11-5.
16. Das A, Babu GR, Ghosh P, Mahapatra T, Malmgren R, Detels R. Epidemiologic correlates of willingness to be tested for HIV and prior testing among married men in India. International journal of STD & AIDS. 2013; 24(12):957-68.
17. Babu GR, Mahapatra T, Detels R. Job stress and hypertension in younger software professionals in India. Indian journal of occupational and environmental medicine. 2013; 17(3):101-7.
18. Babu GR, Mahapatra T, Detels R. Application of mixed methods for exploration of the association of job stress and hypertension among software professionals in Bengaluru, India. Indian journal of occupational and environmental medicine.2013; 17(2):41-7.
19. Babu GR, Mahapatra T, Mahapatra S, Detels R. Sexual behavior and job stress in software professionals, Bengaluru - India. Indian journal of occupational and environmental medicine. 2013; 17(2):58-65.
20. Babu GR, Lakshmi SB, Thiyagarajan JA. Epidemiological correlates of breast cancer in South India. Asian Pacific journal of cancer prevention : APJCP. 2013;14(9):5077-83.
21. Bodapati SL, Babu GR. Oncologist perspectives on breast cancer screening in India- results from a qualitative study in Andhra Pradesh. Asian Pacific journal of cancer prevention : APJCP. 2013; 14(10):5817-23.
22. Huan X, Tang W, Babu GR, Li J, Zhang M, Liu X, Yan H, Fu G, Zhao J, Yang H, Detels R. HIV risk-reduction counseling and testing on behavior change of MSM.PloS one. 2013; 8(7):e69740.
23. Babu GR. Evidence for health policy in India: do we have enough data? Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine. 2012; 105(9):365.
24. Babu GR, Laxminarayan R. The unsurprising story of MDR-TB resistance in India.Tuberculosis (Edinburgh, Scotland). 2012; 92(4):301-6.
25. Babu GR, Murthy G. "To use or not to use"- dilemma of developing countries in introducing new vaccines. Journal of global infectious diseases. 2011;3(4):406-7.
26. Sathyanarayan TN, Babu GR. Creating a public health cadre in India: the development of a framework for interprofessional and inter-sector collaboration. Journal of interprofessional care. 2011; 25(4):308-10.
27. Babu GR. In response to "suicide and ethnicity in Malaysia". The American journal of forensic medicine and pathology. 2011; 32(2):e15.
28. Babu GR, Samari G, Cohen SP, Mahapatra T, Wahbe RM, Mermash S, Galal OM. Breast cancer screening among females in Iran and recommendations for improved practice: a review. Asian Pacific journal of cancer prevention : APJCP. 2011;12(7):1647-55.
29. Babu GR. Problems related to menstruation amongst adolescent girls. Indian journal of pediatrics. 2010; 77(2):218; author reply 218-9.
30. Babu GR. Comment on "Development and validation of a colon cancer risk assessment tool for patients undergoing colonoscopy". The American journal of gastroenterology. 2009; 104(12):3102-3; author reply 3103-4.
31. Babu GR. Response to 'Cancer incidence rates among South Asians in four geographic regions: India, Singapore, UK and US'. International journal of epidemiology. 2009; 38(4):1157-8; author reply 1158-9.
32. Babu GR. Comment on 'From risk factors to explanation in public health'. Journal of public health (Oxford, England). 2008; 30(4):515-6.
Other peer reviewed publications
33. Ranjan A, Babu GR, Detels R: Knowledge, Attitude and Perception about HIV/AIDS among the Wives of Migrant Workers of Muzaffarpur District in Bihar. Journal of Community Medicine & Health Education 2015, 2015.
34. Babu GR, Sathyanarayana T, Ketharam A, Kar SB, Detels R: Perceived Occupational Stressors and the Health Software Professionals in Bengaluru, India. The Qualitative Report 2015, 20(3):314.
35. Babu GR, Sathyanarayana T, Shapeti SS, Halagi P, Raveendra H: Creation of Public Health Cadre in Karnataka State, India. Annals of Community Health 2014, 2(2):4-14.
36. Babu GR, Mugali RR, Singh VV: Vaccines and Immunisation: An Integral Aspect of Universal Health Coverage. In: India Infrastructure Report 2013|14. Volume 1, edn.: India Development Finance Corporation, https://www.orientblackswan.com/display.asp?categoryID=28&isbn=978-81-250-5610-2; 2014: 160-177.
37. Garikipati U, Babu GR, Pant H, Murthy G: A study of infant deaths in tribal area of Andhra Pradesh, India. GLOBAL JOURNAL OF MEDICINE AND PUBLIC HEALTH 2013, 2(4):1-15.
38. Babu G, Mahapatra T, Mahapatra S, Kumar S, Hussain M: Epidemiology Methods For Practice By Obstetricians In Developing Countries-I. The Internet Journal of Epidemiology 2013, 11(1).
39. TN S, Babu GR: Targeted sexual exploitation of children and women in India: Policy perspectives on Devadasi system. Ann Trop Med Public Health 2012;5:157-62 2012, 5(3):157-162.
40. Sathyanarayana T, Babu GR, Kadam S: Barriers, challenges and possible solutions in establishing diabetes self-management education (DSME) in India: a policy perspective. International Journal of User-Driven Healthcare (IJUDH) 2012, 2(3):1-8.
41. Rathnaiah Babu, Giridhara. (2012). Prevalence of Job Stress, General Health Profile and Hypertension among Professionals in the Information Technology Sector in Bengaluru, India. UCLA: Public Health 0789. Retrieved from: https://escholarship.org/uc/item/3137m5hh.
42. Babu GR, Sathyanarayana T, Jana S, Nandy S, Farid MN, Sadhana S: Role of catch-up campaigns in improving immunization services in a developing country. Annals of Tropical Medicine and Public Health 2012(5):441-446.
43. Babu GR, Ramachandra SS, Garikipati U, Mahapatra T, Mahapatra S, Narayana S, Pant H: Maternal Health Correlates Of Neonatal Deaths In A Tribal Area In India. The Internet Journal of Epidemiology 2012, 10(2):DOI: 10.5580/5582cc5584.
44. Babu GR: Do you see an elephant or just its trunk? The need of learning Modern Epidemiologic Methods: An introduction. The Internet Journal of Epidemiology 2012, 10(2).
45. Babu GR, Olsen J, Jana S, Nandy S, Farid MN, Sadhana S, Kadam S: Evaluation of Immunization Services in high-risk district in India. International J of Medicine and Public Health 2011, 1(3):17-21.
46. Babu GR, Olsen J, Jana S, Nandy S, Farid M, Sadhana V: Immunization cards or Parental recall: Which one is better for evaluating Immunization coverage in developing countries. Int J Epidemiol 2011.
47. Babu GR: India's tryst with creation of public health cadre. Annals of Tropical Medicine and Public Health 2011, 4(2):143.
48. Babu GR: " Opportunities for improving public health system in India" analysis of current state of affairs and pointers for future. Annals of Tropical Medicine and Public Health 2011, 4(2):69.
49. Babu GR: Obesity in Elderly and Life Expectancy in India. Internatioanl Journal of Medicine and Public health 2011, 1(2):2-3.
50. Babu G, Olsen J, Jana S, Nandy S, Farid M: Sadhana. Evaluation Of Immunization Cards And Parental Recall Against Gold Standard For Evaluating Immunization Coverage. Internet Journal of Epidemiology 2011, 9.
51. Babu G, Detels R: Prioritizing social actions and involving community for prevention of the non-communicable diseases. Internet J Epidemiol 2011, 9.
52. Babu GR, Singh VV, Nandy S, Jana S, TN S, SM S: Supportive supervision and immunization coverage: Evidence from India. Int J Epidemiol 2010, 9(2).
53. Babu GR, Bhatnagar T: Influenza vaccination to elderly: Quantifying the potential role of unmeasured confounders through an example. The Internet Journal of Epidemiology 2010, 9(1):2.
Peer Reviewed Chapters and other Publications
54. Giridhara R Babu, Raveesha R Mugali, Vivek V Singh, India Infrastructure Report-2013: The Road to Universal Health Coverage: Issues & Challenges. hosted on https://www.idfc.com/foundation/policy/india_infrastructure_report.htm
55. Giridhar R Babu, Prasad.K.H, Anantha Kumar S R, Mohammed Farooque Khatib,Sri Krishna, Sudha Rani S V. Operational Guidelines for the NCD prevention and control in Karnataka. Available to download from https://healthykarnataka.org
56. Giridhar R Babu, Prasad.K.H, Anantha Kumar S R, Mohammed Farooque Khatib, Sudha Rani S V, Sri Krishna. Technical Guidelines for the NCD prevention and control in Karnataka- Medical Officers. Available to download from https://healthykarnataka.org
57. Giridhar R Babu, Anantha Kumar S R, Mohammed Farooque Khatib. Technical Guidelines for the NCD prevention and control in Karnataka for Staff Nurses
58. Giridhar R Babu, Anantha Kumar S R, Mohammed Farooque Khatib. Technical Guidelines for the NCD prevention and control in Karnataka- Junior Health Assistant
59. Giridhar R Babu, Anantha Kumar S R, Mohammed Farooque Khatib. Technical Guidelines for the NCD prevention and control in Karnataka- ASHA workers
Peer Reviewed Abstracts Of Conferences
60. Giridhara R Babu, Association of quality of life and job stress in occupational workforce of India: A cross sectional study in software professionals. IEA regional Conference, Pokhara, Nepal.
61. Giridhara R Babu, Tanmay Mahapatra, Roger Detels. Job Stress and Hypertension in Young Software professionals. South-East Asia Regional Public Health Conference. IPHACON 2013, Kolkotta. 1st-3rd February 2013
62. Giridhara R Babu, Tanmay Mahapatra, Roger Detels. Sexual behaviour and association with occupational stress among software professionals of Bengaluru, India. Southeast Asia Regional Public Health Conference. IPHACON 2013, Kolkotta. 1st-3rd February 2013
63. Giridhara R Babu, Jotheeswaran A Thiagarajan, Tanmay Mahapatra, Sanchita Mahapatra, Roger Detels. Job stress and hypertension: A systematic review and meta-analysis of observational studies. South-East Asia Regional Public Health Conference. IPHACON 2013, Kolkotta. 1st-3rd February 2013
64. Giridhara R Babu. Job stress and hypertension: A systematic review and meta-analysis of observational studies. PHFI Research symposium, 5th January 2013.
65. Giridhara R Babu. Sexual behaviour and association with occupational stress among software professionals of Bengaluru, India. PHFI Research symposium, 4th -5th January 2013.
66. Giridhara R Babu. Job Stress and Hypertension in Young Software professionals' PHFI Research symposium, 4th -5th January 2013.
67. Giridhara R Babu, Keynote address on scope of public health and social work in India. Public Health and Social work in International settings. International conference on Global Public Health and Social work- DYUTI 2013. 4 January 2013
68. Giridhara R Babu, Social Determinants of Health, Right to Health & Health Equity. International conference on Global Public Health and Social work- DYUTI 2013. 5 January 2013
69. Giridhara R Babu, Analysis of Universal Health Coverage and Pointers for Future”. 3rd November 2012. 24th Annual Conference of KACH. Karnataka Association of Community Health Professionals. Bagalkote, India.
70. Giridhara R Babu, Public Health Cadre in the state of Karnataka, Indian Public Health Association Annual Conference, Kochi, 13-14th February, 2012.
71. Ghosh, P, Arah, OA, Talukdar, A, Sur, D, Giridhara R Babu, Sengupta, P, Detels, R. Factors associated with HIV infection among Indian women. In: Translation Research on HIV and AIDS in India (TRAI); 2011, 13th - 14th January; Panaji, India.
72. Giridhara R Babu, Strengthening Public Health Education in India - Epidemiology Training, organized by Public ?health foundation of India and Deakin University, IIPH-Delhi.
73. Giridhara R Babu Public Health Foundation of India. 7th March 2011. Preliminary results on?study of Job Stress and Hypertension in IT professionals. Research symposium, Hyderabad, 2012.
Please refer to Media articles and Other publications for lay audience: www.giridhar.org