1. Eswarappa SM and Fox PL. Antiangiogenic VEGF-Ax: A New Participant in Tumor Angiogenesis. Cancer Res 75:2765-2769 (2015)
2. Yao P*, Eswarappa SM*, Fox PL. Translational control mechanisms in angiogenesis and vascular biology. Curr Atheroscler Rep 17:506 (2015).
3. Eswarappa SM, Potdar AA, Koch WJ, Fan Y, Vasu K, Lindner D, Willard B, Graham LM, DiCorleto PE, Fox PL. Programmed translational readthrough of VEGFA mRNA generates anti-angiogenic VEGF-Ax isoform. Cell 157:1605-
4. Fan Y, Potdar AA, Gong Y, Eswarappa SM, Donnola S, Lathia J, Hambardzumyan D, Rich JN, Fox PL. Profilin-1 phosphorylation directs angiocrine expression and glioblastoma progression through HIF-1α accumulation. Nat Cell
Biol 16:445-456 (2014)
5. Yao P, Potdar AA, Ray PS, Eswarappa SM, Flagg AC, Willard B, Fox PL. The HILDA complex coordinates a conditional switch in the 3'-untranslated region of the VEGFA mRNA. PLoS Biol 11: e1001635 (2013
6. Eswarappa SM*#, Janice J#, Balasundaram SV#, Chakravortty D* Nonneutral evolution in non-LEE-encoded type III effectors of attaching and effacing Escherichia coli. Microbes Infect 15: 147-151 (2013)
[*Co-corresponding author, #Equal contribution]
7. Eswarappa SM, Fox PL. Citric acid cycle and the origin of MARS. Trends Biochem Sci 38: 222-228 (2013)
8. Fan Y, Eswarappa SM, Hitomi M, Fox PL. Myo1c facilitates G-actin transport to the leading edge of migrating endothelial cells. J Cell Biol 198: 47-55 (2012).
9. Fan Y, Arif A, Gong Y, Jia J, Eswarappa SM, Willard B, Horowitz A, Graham LM, Penn MS, Fox PL. Stimulus-dependent phosphorylation of profilin-1 in angiogenesis. Nat Cell Biol 14: 1046-1056 (2012).
10. Eswarappa SM*, Estrela S, Brown SP*. Within-host dynamics of multispecies infections: facilitation, competition and virulence. PLOS ONE 7, e38730 (2012). [*Co-corresponding author]
11. Jafarifar F, Yao P, Eswarappa SM, Fox PL. Repression of VEGFA by CA rich element-binding microRNAs is modulated by hnRNP L. EMBO J 30: 1324-1334 (2011)
12. Jagadeesh G, Prakash GD, Rakesh SG, Allam US, Krishna MG, Eswarappa SM and Chakravortty D. Needleless vaccine delivery using micro-shock waves. Clin Vaccine Immunol 18: 539-545 (2011)
13. Eswarappa SM, Negi VD, Chakraborty S, Chandrasekhar Sagar BK, Chakravortty D. Division of the Salmonella-containing vacuole and depletion of acidic lysosomes in Salmonella-infected host cells are novel strategies of
Salmonella enterica to avoid lysosomes. Infect Immun 78: 68-79 (2010)
14. Lahiri A, Eswarappa SM, Das P, Chakravortty D. Altering the balance between pathogen containing vacuoles and lysosomes: a lesson from Salmonella Virulence 1: 325-329 (2010).
15. Eswarappa SM* . Location of pathogenic bacteria during persistent infections: insights from an analysis using game theory. PLOS ONE 4: e5383 (2009) [*Corresponding author]
16. Eswarappa SM, Karnam G, Nagarajan AG, Chakraborty S, Chakravortty D. lac repressor is an antivirulence factor of Salmonella enterica: its role in the evolution of virulence in Salmonella. PLOS ONE 4: e5789 (2009).
17. Eswarappa SM, Janice J, Balasundaram SV, Dixit NM, Chakravortty D. Host-specificity of Salmonella enterica serovar Gallinarum: insights from comparative genomics. Infect Genet Evol 9: 468-473 (2009).
18. Nagarajan AG, Balasundaram SV, Janice J, Karnam G, Eswarappa SM, Chakravortty D. SopB of Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium is a potential DNA vaccine candidate in conjugation with live attenuated bacteria.
Vaccine 27: 2804-2811 (2009).
19. Eswarappa SM, Pareek V, Chakravortty D. Role of actin cytoskeleton in LPS-induced NF-kappaB activation and nitric oxide production in murine macrophages. Innate Immun 14: 309-318 (2008)
20. Eswarappa SM, Janice J, Nagarajan AG, Balasundaram SV, Karnam G, Dixit NM, Chakravortty D. Differentially evolved genes of Salmonella pathogenicit islands: insights into the mechanism of host specificity in Salmonella. PLOS
ONE 3: e3829 (2008).
21. Eswarappa SM, Basu N, Joy O, Chakravortty D. Folimycin (concanamycin A inhibits LPS-induced nitric oxide production and reduces surface localization of TLR4 in murine macrophages. Innate Immun 14: 13-24 (2008)
22. Eswarappa SM, Panguluri KK, Hensel M, Chakravortty D. The yejABEF operon of Salmonella confers resistance to antimicrobial peptides and contribute to its virulence. Microbiology 154: 666-678 (2008).