1. Geetanjali Chawla** (2019). Healthy Aging research in India. Journal of Experimental research on human growth and Aging. Vol. 2, Issue 1, Aug. 28, 2019.
2. Hongde Li, Madhulika Rai, Kasun Buddika, Maria C. Sterrett, Arthur Luhur, Nader H. Mahmoudzadeh, Cole R. Julick, Rose C. Pletcher, Geetanjali Chawla, Chelsea J. Gosney, Anna K. Burton, Jonathan A. Karty, Kristi L. Montooth, Nicholas S. Sokol and Jason M. Tennessen. (2019) Lactate dehydrogenase and glycerol-3-phosphate dehydrogenase cooperatively regulate growth and carbohydrate metabolism during Drosophila melanogaster larval development.
Development Posted Online August 9, 2019, doi:10.1242/dev.175315
3. Li H, Chawla G, Hurlburt AJ, Sterrett MC, Zaslaver O, Cox J, Karty JA, Rosebrock AP, Caudy AA, Tennessen JM. (2017) Drosophila larvae synthesize the putative oncometabolite L-2-hydroxyglutarate during normal developmental growth. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 114:1358
4. Chawla G#, Luhur A#, Sokol NS. (2017) Analysis of MicroRNA Function in Drosophila. Methods Mol. Bio. 1478:94.
5. Chawla G**, Deosthale P, Childress S, Wu YC, Sokol NS**. (2016) A let-7-to-miR-125 MicroRNA Switch Regulates Neuronal Integrity and Lifespan in Drosophila. PLoS Genet. 12: e1006247
6. Chawla G**, Sokol NS**. (2014) ADAR mediates differential expression of polycistronic microRNAs. Nucleic Acids Res. 42:5255
7. A Luhur, G Chawla#, YC Wu#,1 J Li, NS Sokol. (2014) Drosha-independent DGCR8/Pasha pathway regulates neuronal morphogenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 111:1426
8. Luhur A#, Chawla G#, Sokol NS. (2013) MicroRNAs as components of systemic signaling pathways in Drosophila melanogaster. Curr Top Dev Biol. 105:123
9. Chawla G**, Sokol NS**. (2012) Hormonal activation of let-7-C microRNAs via EcR is required for adult Drosophila melanogaster morphology and function. Development. 139:1797
10. **Geetanjali Chawla and **Sokol NS. MicroRNA pathways in Drosophila. From Nucleic Acids Sequences to Molecular Medicine 2012[Springer book]. **Co-corresponding authors
11. Zheng S, Gray EE, Chawla G, Porse BT, O'Dell TJ, Black DL. (2012) PSD-95 is post-transcriptionally repressed during early neural development by PTBP1 and PTBP2. Nat Neurosci. 15:381-8
12. Tang ZZ, Sharma S, Zheng S, Chawla G, Nikolic J, Black DL. (2011) Regulation of the mutually exclusive exons 8a and 8 in the CaV1.2 calcium channel transcript by polypyrimidine tract-binding protein. J Biol Chem. 286:10007-16
13. Chawla G**, Sokol NS**. (2011) MicroRNAs in Drosophila development. Int Rev Cell Mol Biol. 286:65
14. Chawla G, Lin CH, Han A, Shiue L, Ares M Jr, Black DL. (2009) Sam68 regulates a set of alternatively spliced exons during neurogenesis. Mol Cell Biol. 29:201-13
15. Boutz PL, Stoilov P, Li Q, Lin CH, Chawla G, Ostrow K, Shiue L, Ares M Jr, Black DL. (2007) A post-transcriptional regulatory switch in polypyrimidine tract-binding proteins reprograms alternative splicing in developing neurons. Genes Dev. 21:1636-52
16. Boutz PL, Chawla G, Stoilov P, Black DL. (2007) MicroRNAs regulate the expression of the alternative splicing factor nPTB during muscle development. Genes Dev. 21:84
17. Chawla G, Sapra AK, Surana U, Vijayraghavan U. (2003) Dependence of pre-mRNA introns on PRP17 a non-essential splicing factor:implications for efficient progression through cell cycle transitions. Nucleic Acid Research. 31:2343.
18. Lindsey-Boltz LA#, Chawla G#, Srinivasan N, Vijayraghavan U, Garcia-Blanco MA. (2000) The carboxy terminal WD domain of the pre-mRNA splicing factor Prp17p is critical for function. RNA. 6:1289-305