In peer-reviewed journals
1. Akshintala VS, Talukdar R, Singh VK, Goggins M, The gut microbiome in Pancreatic Disease. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol, 2018 Aug 22 [Epub ahead of print].
2. Talukdar R. Progression of recurrent acute pancreatitis to chronic pancreatitis: More questions than answers. Indian J Gastroenterol 2018; 37: 77-78.
3. Sasikala M, Ravikanth VV, Murali Manohar K, Deshpande N, Singh S, Pavan Kumar P, Talukdar R, Ghosh S, Aslam M, Rao GV, Pradeep R, Reddy DN. Bach 2 repression mediates Th17 cell induced inflammation and associates with clinical features of advanced disease in chronic pancreatitis. United European Gastroenterol J, 2018: 6: 272-282.
4. Nabi Z, Talukdar R, Reddy DN. Primary EUS-guided drainage for malignant distal biliary obstruction: not yet prime time! Gastrointest Endosc 2018; 88: 18-20.
5. Drewes AM, Campbell CM, …………, Talukdar R. Pain in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma: A multidisciplinary international guideline for optimized management. Pancreatology, 2018: 18: 446-457.
6. Avanthi US, Bale G, Aslam M, Talukdar R, Duvvur NR, Vishnubhotla RV. PRSS1 (R122H) mutation in an Indian family with low penetrance is associated with pancreatitis phenotype. Indian J Gastroenterol, 2018: 37: 67-69.
7. Nabi Z, Talukdar R, Reddy DN. Endoscopic management of pancreatic fluid collections in children. Gut Liver 2017; 11: 474-480.
8. Aparna Jakkampudi, Ramaiah Jangala, Ratnakar Reddy, Sasikala Mitnala, R Pradeep, GV Rao, DN Reddy, Rupjyoti Talukdar. Acinar injury and early cytokine response in human acute biliary pancreatitis. Sci Rep 2017 Nov 10; 7(1): 15276
9. Deepesh Sharma, Aparna Jakkampudi, Ratnakar Reddy, Panyala Balakumar Reddy, Aasish Patil, G Venkat Rao, D Nageshwar Reddy, Rupjyoti Talukdar. Association of systemic inflammatory and anti-inflammatory responses with adverse outcomes in acute pancreatitis: preliminary results from a prospective study. Dig Dis Sci 2007 Oct 27; doi: 10: 1007/s10620-017-4813-6 [Epub ahead of print].
10. Talukdar R, Reddy DN. Pancreatic exocrine insufficiency in Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes. J Assoc Physicians India 2017; 65: 64-70.
11. Nabi Z, Talukdar R, Reddy DN. Endoscopic management of pancreatic fluid collections in children. Gut Liver 2017; 11: 474-480.
12. Murali Manohar K, Sasikala M, Kvsrr Y, Sunil V, Talukdar R, Murthy H, Ramji C, Rao GV, Pradeep R, Reddy DN. Plasma microRNA192 in combination with serum CA19-9 as noninvasive prognostic biomarker in periampullary carcinoma. Tumour Biol. 2017 Mar; 39(3):1010428317695018. doi: 10.1177/1010428317695018.
13. Manasa J, Arutla M, Deepika G, Rao GV, Reddy DN, Subramanyam C, Mitnala S, Talukdar R. Altered intestinal microbiota in patiens with chronic pancreatitis: implications in diabetes and metabolic abnormalities. Sci Rep 2017; Mar 3; 7: 43640.
14. Bynigeri RR, Jakkampudi A, Ramaiah J, Subramanyam C, Sasikala M, Rao GV, Reddy DN, Talukdar R. Pancreatic Stellate Cell: Pandora’s Box for pancreatic disease biology. World J Gastroenterol 2017; 23: 382-405.
15. Nabi Z, Lakhtakia S, Basha J, Chavan R, Ramchandani M, Gupta R, Kalapala R, Darisetty S, Talukdar R, Reddy DN. Endoscopic Ultrasound-guided Drainage of Walled-off Necrosis in Children With Fully Covered Self-expanding Metal Stents. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2017; 64: 592-597.
16. Lakhtakia Sundeep, Basha Jahangir, Talukdar R, Gupta R, Nabi Z, Ramchandani, Kumar BVN, Pal P, Kalpala R, Reddy M, Pradeep R, Singh J, Rao GV, Reddy DN. Endoscopic ‘step-up approach’ using a dedicated bi-flanged metal stent reduces the need for direct necrosectomy in walled-off necrosis. Gastrointest Endosc 2017; 85: 1243-52.
17. Rupjyoti Talukdar. Complications of ERCP. Best Practice and Research, 2016; 30: 793-805.
18. Manu Tandan, Rupjyoti Talukdar, D. Nageshwar Reddy. Management of pancreatic calculi: an update. Gut and Liver 2016; 10: 873-880.
19. Rupjyoti Talukdar, D. Nageshwar Reddy. Endoscopy in developing countries: the way forward. Gastrointest Endosc 2016; 84: 667-9.
20. Rupjyoti Talukdar, Archana Sareen, Hongyan Zhu, Zuobiao Yuan, Ajay Dixit, Hassam, Cheema, John George, Usman Barlass, Raghuwansh Sah, Sushil K Garg, Sulagna, Banerjee, Pramod Garg, Vikas Dudeja, Rajinder Dawra, Ashok K Saluja. Release of cathepsin-B in cytosol causes cell death in acute pancreatitis. Gastroenterology 2016; 151: 747-758.e5.
21. Jakkampudi A, Jangala R, Reddy R, Mitnala S, Reddy DN, Talukdar R. NF-kB in acute pancreatitis: mechanisms and therapeutic implications. Pancreatology 2016; 6: 477-88.
22. Talukdar R, Lakhtakia S, Reddy DN, Rao GV, Rebala P, Banerjee R, Gupta R, Ramchandani M, Tandan M, Murthy HVV. Ameliorative effect of antioxidants and pregabalin combination in pain recurrence after ductal clearance in chronic pancreatitis: results of a randomized, double blind, placebo-controlled trial. J Gastroenterol Hepatol 2016; 31: 1654-62.
23. Dehingia M, Devi K, Talukdar NC, Talukdar R, Reddy DN, Mande S, Deka M, Mojibur R. Khan MR. A snapshot of gut bacterial diversity of Mongoloid and Proto-Australoid tribes of India and comparison with the worldwide data. Sci. Rep 2015; Dec 22; 5:18563. doi: 10.1038/srep18563.
24. Talukdar R, Sasikala M, Pavan Kumar P, Rao GV, Reballa P, Reddy DN. T-helper cell mediated islet inflammation contributes to β-cell dysfunction in chronic pancreatitis. Pancreas 2016; 45:434-42.
25. Sasikala M, Talukdar R, Subramanyam C, Reddy DN. The enigma of Type 3c diabetes in chronic pancreatitis. Pancreas Open J 2016; 1: 19-22.
26. Kumar PP, Sasikala M*, Mamatha K, Rao GV, Pradeep R, Talukdar R, Reddy DN, Characterization of islets from chronic calcific pancreatitis patients of tropical region with distinct phenotype. Adv Biosc Biotech 2016; 7: 1.
27. Talukdar R, Vege SS. Acute pancreatitis. Curr Opin Gastroenterol 2015; 31: 374-9.
28. Avanthi SU, Ravi Kanth VV, Agarwal J, Lakhtakia S, Gangineni K, Rao GV, Reddy DN, Talukdar R. Association of Claudin2 and PRSS1-PRSS2 Polymorphisms with Idiopathic Recurrent Acute and Chronic Pancreatitis: A Case-Control Study from India. J Gastroenterol Hepatol 2015; 30: 1796-801.
29. Subramanyam C, Pratap N, Gandham P, Talukdar R, Sasikala M, Murthy HV, Reddy DN. Influence of probiotic administration on the fecal microbiota in diarrhea-predominant irritable bowel syndrome. Indian J Gastroenterol. 2015; 34: 275-6.
30. Talukdar R, Reddy DN. Pancreatic endotherapy for chronic pancreatitis. Gastrointestinal Endosc Clin N Am. 2015; 25: 765-777.
31. Jandhyala SM, Talukdar R, Vuyyuru V, Subramanyam C, Sasikala M, Reddy DN,. The normal gut microbiota. World J Gastroenterol 2015; 21: 8787-8803.
32. Talukdar R, Murthy HVV, Reddy DN. Role of methionine containing antioxidants in pain management in chronic pancreatitis: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Pancreatology 2015; 15: 136-44.
33. Talukdar R, Inoue H, Reddy DN. Efficacy of peroral endoscopic myotomy (POEM) in the treatment of achalasia: A systematic review and metaanalysis. Surg Endosc 2015; 29; 3030-46.
34. Talukdar R, Bhattacharyya A, Rao B, Sharma M, Reddy DN. Clinical utility of the Revised Atlanta Classification of acute pancreatitis: Have all loose ends been tied? Pancreatology 2014; 14: 257-62.
35. Talukdar R, Nageshwar Reddy D*. Endoscopic therapy for chronic pancreatitis. Curr Opin Gastroenterol. 2014; 30: 484-9.
36. Talukdar R, Ingale P, Choudhury HP, Dhingra R, Shetty S, Joshi H, Pradeep KR, Mahapatra L, Mazumder L, Pradeep JK, Thakker B, Chaudhary A, Kumar A, Reddy DN, Rao GV, Ramesh H, Bhat N, Garg P, Kochhar R. Antibiotic use in acute pancreatitis: an Indian multicenter observational study. Indian J Gastroenterol, 2014; 33: 458-65.
37. Talukdar R, Rau B. Determinant based classification of severity of acute pancreatitis. Have we really reached consensus? Ann Surg 2014; 261: e22.
38. Talukdar R, Sharma M, Deka A, Sultana T, Goswami A, Goswami AD, Baro A, Reddy DN. Utility of the Harmless Acute Pancreatitis Score (HAPS) in predicting a mild disease course of acute pancreatitis: a pilot study in an Indian cohort. Indian J Gastroenterol 2013; 33: 316-21.
39. Uma Mahesh KSS, Murali MK, Sasikala M, Talukdar R, Rao GV, Spandana B, Rajasekhar K, Siva Prasad S, Anuradha S, Ramji C, Pradeep R, Reddy DN. MicroRNA profiling in periampullary carcioma. Pancreatology 2014; 14: 36-47.
40. Talukdar R, Sundaram M, Reddy DN. Endoscopic versus surgical drainage of pancreatic pseudocysts. Gastroenterology 2014; 146: 319-20.
41. Agarwal J, Reddy DN, Talukdar R, Tandan M, Santosh D, Lakhtakia S, Gupta R, Ramchandani MJ, Banerjee R, Rakesh K, Varadaraj G, Rao GV. ERCP in the management of pancreatic diseases in children. Gastrointest Endosc. 2014; 79: 271-8.
42. Talukdar R, Reddy DN. Pain in chronic pancreatitis: managing beyond the pancreatic duct. World J Gastroenterol. 2013; 19: 6319-28.
43. Talukdar R, Reddy DN. Pancreatic cystic neoplasm: surgery or conservative. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2014; 12: 145-5.
44. Tandan M, Reddy DN, Talukdar R, Vinod K, Santosh D, Lakhtakia S, Gupta R, Ramchandani MJ, Banerjee R, Rakesh K, Varadaraj G, Rao GV. Long-term clinical outcomes of extracorporeal shockwave lithotripsy in painful chronic calcific pancreatitis. Gastrointest Endosc. 2013; 78: 726-33.
45. Talukdar R, Nechutova H, Clemens M, Vege SS. Could rising BUN predict the future development of infected pancreatic necrosis? Pancreatology. 2013; 13: 355-9.
46. Talukdar R, Nageshwar Reddy D. Predictors of adverse outcomes in acute pancreatitis: new horizons. Indian J Gastroenterol. 2013; 32: 143-51.
47. Talukdar R*, Nageshwar Reddy D. Is there a single therapeutic target for chronic pancreatitis pain? Gastroenterology. 2013 Mar;144(3):e18.
48. Talukdar R, Reddy DN. Rational use of pancreatic enzymes in patients with chronic pancreatitis. Pancreatology. 2012; 12: 480-1.
49. Talukdar R, Reddy DN. Making endoscopy mobile: the journey. Dig Endosc. 2012; 24 Suppl 1:172-4.
50. Reddy DN, Ramchandani MJ, Talukdar R. Individualizing therapy for chronic pancreatitis. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2012; 10: 803-4.
51. Talukdar R, Reddy DN. Making endoscopy mobile: a novel initiative for public healthcare. Endoscopy 2012; 44: 186-9.
52. Pavan Kumar P, Radhika G, Rao GV, Pradeep R, Subramanyam C, Talukdar R, Reddy DN, Sasikala M. Interferon γ and glycemic status in diabetes associated with chronic pancreatitis. Pancreatology. 2012; 12: 65-70.
53. Sasikala M, Talukdar R, Pavankumar P, Radhika R, Rao GV, Pradeep R, Subramanyam C, Reddy DN. Β-cell dysfunction in chronic pancreatitis. Dig Dis Sci 2011; 57: 1764-72.
54. Talukdar R, Clemens M, Vege SS. Moderately Severe Acute Pancreatitis: Prospective Validation of this New Subgroup of Acute Pancreatitis. Pancreas 2011; 41: 306-9.
55. Dawra R, Sah RP, Dudeja V, Rishi L, Talukdar R, Garg P, Saluja AK. Intra-Acinar Trypsinogen Activation Mediates Early Stages of Pancreatic Injury but not Inflammation in Mice with Acute Pancreatitis. Gastroenterology. 2011; 141: 2210-17.
56. Talukdar R, Vege SS. Classification of severity of acute pancreatitis. Am J Gastroenterol 2011; 106: 1169-70.
57. Talukdar R, Vege SS. Early management of Severe Acute Pancreatitis. Curr Gastroenterol Rep 2011; 13: 123-30.
58. Kotwal V, Talukdar R, Levy MJ, Vege SS. Role of endoscopic ultrasound during hospitalization for acute pancreatitis. World J Gastroenterol 2010; 16: 4888-91.
59. Vege SS, Talukdar R, Fletcher JG, Sarr MG. Peripancreatic collections in severe acute pancreatitis: Correlation between contrast-enhanced computerized tomography and operative findings. World J Gastroenterol 2010; 16: 4291-96.
60. Talukdar R, Vege SS. Recent developments in acute pancreatitis. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 2009; 7: S3-S7.
61. Talukdar R, Goswami BD, Chakravarty BP. Perceptions about jaundice in Assam: a preliminary study. Indian J Gastroenterol 2008; 27: 210-11.
62. Talukdar R, Hazarika I, Thakuria B, Mahanta N, Chakravarty BP. Depression in the elderly- A preliminary outpatient based from Assam. J Indian Med Assoc 2010 (accepted).
63. Talukdar R, Choudhury N, Hagjer S. Is this Phantom pain? Ind J Surg 2012; 74: 489-90.
64. Talukdar R, Tandon RK. Pancreatic stellate cells: a new target in the treatment of chronic pancreatitis. J Gastroenterol Hepatol 2008; 23: 34-4.
65. Talukdar R, Chaudhuri D, Vohra P, Khanna S, Saikia N, Mazumder S, Khanna S, Kumar A. A child with upper abdominal pain and pancreatitis. Gut 2008; 57: 103, 124.
66. Khanna S, Talukdar R, Saikia N, Mazumdar M, Kulkarni S, Vij JC, Kumar A. Colonoscopic and ileoscopic biopsies increase the yield of diagnosis in chronic large bowel diarrhea with normal colonoscopy. Indian J Gastroenterol 2007; 26: 249-51.
67. Saikia N, Talukdar R, Singal D, Chaudhary D, Bhullar SS, Tandon RK. Hepatic calcification following dengue virus induced Fulminant Hepatic Failure. Indian J Gastroenterol 2007; 26: 90-92.
68. Saikia N, Talukdar R, Mazumder S, Khanna S, Tandon R. Treatment of HbsAg negative Chronic hepatitis B. Postgraduate Medical Journal 2007; 83: 32-9.
69. Talukdar R, Saikia N, Mazumder S, Gupta C, Khanna S, Chaudhuri D, Bhullar S. S., Kumar A. Epiploic Appendagitis: Report of Two cases. Surg Today 2007; 37: 150-3.
70. Talukdar R, Saikia N, Singal D, Tandon R*. Chronic pancreatitis: evolving paradigms. Pancreatology 2006; 6: 440-449.
71. Talukdar R, Khanna S, Saikia N, Vij JC. Gastric tuberculosis presenting as linitis plastica: case report and review of literature. Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2006; 18: 299-303.
72. Talukdar R, Singal D, Tandon R. Aluminium phosphide induced esophageal stricture. Indian J Gastroenterol 2006; 25: 98-99.
73. Khanna S, Vohra P, Talukdar R, Kumar A, Vij JC, Singal D, Tandon R. Changing trend in etiology of acute hepatitis in adult population in New Delhi, India. A case for hepatitis A vaccination. Indian J Gastroenterol 2006; 25: 101-2.
74. Saikia N, Talukdar R, Mazumder S, Kabra S, Khanna S, Vij JC. Polyarteritis Nodosa presenting as massive gastrointestinal hemorrhage. Gastrointest Endosc. 2006; 63: 868-870.
75. Dutta S, Chakravarty BP, Talukdar Rupjyoti, Hazarika I. Vanishing tumours of the liver. J. Assoc Physicians India 2004; 52: 932-33.
76. Bhattacharyya PC*, Bhattacharyya AK, Talukdar Rupjyoti. Primary Orbital Lymphoma. J Assoc Physicians India, 2003; 51:1116-18.
77. Dev V, Bhattacharyya P. C., Talukdar Rupjyoti. Transmission of malaria and its control in the Northeastern region of India. J Assoc Physicians India, 2003; 51:1073-76.
78. Bhattacharyya PC, Bhattacharyya A. K., Dutta S, Mahanta N, Talukdar Rupjyoti. Chilaiditi syndrome with ascites. J Assoc Physicians India, 2002; 50: 860-61.
Manuscripts under revision/submitted/in preparation
79. Madhulika Arutla, Deepika G, Aparna Jakkampudi, HVV Murthy, GV Rao, DN Reddy, M Raghunath, Rupjyoti Talukdar. Efficacy of Enteral Glutamine Supplementation in Patients with (Predicted) Severe Acute Pancreatitis- A Randomized Controlled Trial. J Gastroenterol Hepatol 2017. [submitted to Indian J Gastroenterol]
80. Talukdar R, Aslam M, Reddy DN, Nabi Z, Ravikanth VV, Avanthi S, Bale G, Shava U, Rao GV. Genetic polymorphisms increase the risk of recurrent acute pancreatitis in patients with pancreas divisum. [Pre-submission]
81. Aashish Patil, Aparna Jakkampudi, Ratnakar Reddy, Panyala Balakumar Reddy, Aasish Patil, G Venkat Rao, D Nageshwar Reddy, Rupjyoti Talukdar. Association of compensatory anti-inflammatory response syndrome with infected pancreatic necrosis in humans. [Pre-submission]
Selected peer reviewed published abstracts:
82. Talukdar R, Lakhtakia S, Pradeep R, Rao GV, Reddy DN. Combination of antioxidant cocktail and pregabalin in the management of pain in chronic pancreatitis after ductal clearance: A randomized, double-blinded, placebo-controlled trial. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 2015; 13: 1386.
83. Manasa SJ, Harish V, Madhulika A, Deepika G, Manohar KM, Parimala V, Yesaswini KVSRR, Sasikala M, Reddy DN, Talukdar R. Study of Gut Microbiome in Chronic Pancreatitis: Association With Pancreatogenic Diabetes (Type 3C Diabetes) and Exocrine Insufficiency. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 2015; 13: e101.
84. Talukdar R, Jakkampudi A, Jangala R, Priyanka Pelluri U, Mitnala S, Ramji C, Reddy DN. Immune pathogenesis of alcoholic pancreatitis in humans. UEG Journal 2014; 2(1S); A31.
85. Jakkampudi A, Jangala R, Priyanka Pelluri U, Mitnala S, Ramji C, Reddy DN, Talukdar R. Early intra-acinar events of alcoholic acute pancreatitis in humans. Pancreatology 2014; 2: S1-S10.
86. C. Madhulika, Merlin Anne Raj, Tahurah Maqueem, Rupjyoti Talukdar, D. Nageshwar Reddy. Malnutrition can persist in patients with chronic pancreatitis even after pancreatic enzyme replacement therapy. Indian J Gastroenterol 2014; 32 [Suppl. 1]: A 89.
87. Kotwal V, Talukdar R, Levy MJ, Vege SS. Endoscopic ultrasound during Acute Pancreatitis. Pancreas 2010; 39: 1328.
88. Talukdar R, Vege SS, Clemens M. All patients with acute pancreatitis and persistent organ failure do not require organ failure specific interventions. Pancreas 2010; 39: 1351.
89. Talukdar R, Vege SS, Chari ST, Clemens M, Pearson RK. Moderately severe acute pancreatitis: Prospective validation of this new sub-group of acute pancreatitis. Pancreatology 2009; 9: 433 (O-11)
90. R Talukdar, R. Dawra, V. Dudeja, S. Vickers, A Saluja. Heat Shock Protein70 protects against pancreatitis by stabilizing lysosomal enzyme containing organelles in acinar cells. Gastroenterology 2008; 134: A71 (Suppl. 1)
91. R. Dawra, R. Talukdar, P. Garg, V. Dudeja, Y. Yokoyama, D. Borja Cacho, R. Chugh, S. Vickers, A. Saluja. Cytosolic cathepsin B induced apoptotic acinar cell death during pancreatitis. Pancreas 2008; 37: 467.
92. R Talukdar, R. Dawra, V. Dudeja, D. Borja, P. Zwolak, Y. Yokoyama, R. Chugh, S. Vickers, A Saluja. Increased expression of Heat Shock Protein70 leads to stabilization of pancreatic acinar lysosomes in rats in vitro. Pancreas 2007; 35: 430
93. Rupjyoti Talukdar, Dinesh Kumar Singal, Chandresh Gupta, Rakesh Tandon. Hepatic dysfunction in Dengue fever: Comparison with acute viral hepatitis. J Gastroenterol Hepatol 2006; 21; A 463.
94. Rupjyoti Talukdar, Nripen Saikia, Subhasish Mazumder, Sudeep Khanna, Arun Kumar, Rakesh Tandon. Etiology of chronic large bowel diarrhea in geriatric patients. J Gastroenterol Hepatol 2006; 21; A 424.
95. Y. Yokoyama, D. Borja Cacho, V. Dudeja, R. Dawra, R. Talukdar, R. Chugh, C. A. Clug, S. Vickers, A. Saluja. Mouse pancreatic cancer cells from KRASG12D/P53-/- transgenic mice overexpress heat shock protein 70(HSP70), and its inhibition by triptolide decreases cell viability. Pancreas 2008; 37: 503.
96. R. Chugh, V. Dudeja, S. Skube, Y. Yokoyama, R. Talukdar, D. Borja Cacho, M B. Antonoff, R. Dawra, S. Vickers, A. Saluja. Inhibition of Casein kinase II: A potential therapeutic strategy for pancreatic cancer. Pancreas 2008; 37: 465.
97. V. Dudeja, S. Skube, R. Chugh, Y. Yokoyama, R. Talukdar, N. Mujumdar, D. Borja Cacho, M. B. Antonoff, R. Dawra, S. Vickers, A. Saluja. HSF-1 gene silencing: A potential therapeutic strategy for pancreatobiliary tumours. Pancreas 2008; 37: 467.
98. Pawel Zwolak, Daniel Borja-Cacho, Phoebe Phillips, Vikas Dudeja, Rajinder K Dawra, Rupjyoti Talukdar, Rohit K Chugh, Arkadiusz Z Dudek, Selwyn M Vickers, Ashok K Saluja. Myricetin: a novel natural antineoplastic agent decreases progression of human pancreatic cancer via inhibition of Akt kinase and ERK pathways. J Surg Res 2008; 144: 200.
99. R. Dawra, R. Talukdar, S. Vickers, D. Borja, L. Bhagat, A. Saluja. Chemical stress-induced HSP70 protects against L-arginine-induced pancreatitis. Pancreas 2007; 35: 398.
100. V. Dudeja, R. Chugh, Y. Yokoyama, R. Talukdar, D Borja-Cacho, P. Zwolak, R. Dawra, S. Vickers, A. Saluja. Heat shock factor 1: a potential therapeutic candidate for the treatment of pancreatic cancer. Pancreas 2007; 35: 399.
101. V. Dudeja, R. Chugh, Y. Yokoyama, R. Talukdar, D Borja-Cacho, P. Zwolak, R. Dawra, S. Vickers, A. Saluja. HSP70 stabilizes the lysosome by transporting MUC1 to the lysosomes. Pancreas 2007; 35: 399.
102. V. Dudeja, R. Chugh, Y. Yokoyama, R. Talukdar, D Borja-Cacho, P. Zwolak, R. Dawra, S. Vickers, A. Saluja. Triptolide inhibits heat shock protein 70 (HSP70) expression by inhibiting DNS binding of Heat Shock Factor-1. Pancreas 2007; 35: 400.
103. P. Zwolak, D. Borja-Cacho, P. A. Phillips, V. Dudeja, R. Dawra, J. S. Ankeny, R. Talukdar, R. Chugh, S. Vickers, A. Saluja. Myricetin induces apoptosis via caspase activation and inhibition of PI3 kinase/AKT and ERK pathways in human pancreatic cells. Pancreas 2007; 35: 439.
104. Rupjyoti Talukdar, A. Talukdar, BD Goswami, AK Adhikari. Relationship of H. pylori, GERD and Gastritis in patients from Northeast India. J Assoc Physician India 2005; 53: 344.
105. Rupjyoti Talukdar, D. N. Das. Long-term cytogenetic response to Interferon in patients with CML. J Assoc Physicians India, 2002; 50: 1547
106. U. Islam, SD Choudhury, UK Saikia, R Talukdar. Dyslipidemia in Type II Diabetes mellitus. J Assoc Physician India, 2002; 50: 1528.
107. Rupjyoti Talukdar, D. Nageshwar Reddy. Shocking and breaking pancreatic stones.
108. Rupjyoti Talukdar, Santhi Swaroop Vege. Classification Systems of Acute Pancreatitis. Pancreapedia, 2015.
109. Rupjyoti Talukdar, Santhi S Vege. Revised Atlanta Classification of Acute Pancreatitis. In: Predication and Management of Severe Acute Pancreatitis, 2014.Eds.: Christopher E, Forsmark and Timothy B. Gardner. Springer, USA.
110. Rupjyoti Talukdar. Endocrine-Exocrine interactions In: Islet Transplantation: Isolation to transplantation, 2013 Ed. C. Subramanyam. Elsevier. New Delhi, India.
111. Rupjyoti Talukdar, DN Reddy, H Ramesh. Chronic pancreatitis. In: IASG Textbook of Gastrointestinal Surgery. 2012 Eds. Peush Shahni, H. Ramesh.
112. Rupjyoti Talukdar. Recent advances in the pathogenesis of acute and chronic pancreatitis. In: Pancreatic diseases: bench to bedside. Ed. DN Reddy. Elsevier. New Delhi, 2012; Pages 27-53.
113. Rupjyoti Talukdar, Santhi Swaroop Vege. Recent advances in the treatment of acute pancreatitis. In: Pancreatic diseases: bench to bedside. Ed. DN Reddy. Elsevier. New Delhi, 2012 Pages 125-140.
114. Rakesh K Tandon, Rupjyoti Talukdar. Enzyme supplementation after post-operative pancreatic exocrine insufficiency. In: Surgery for Pancreatic Tumours; eds. SV Shrikhande, H. Freiss, MW Buchler. BI Publication, 2008, New Delhi; Pages 324-33.
115. Rupjyoti Talukdar, PC Bhattacharryya. Viral Gastroenteritis. In: API Textbook of Medicine 9th ed. 2012. YP Munjal.
116. Rupjyoti Talukdar, PC Bhattacharryya. Viral Gastroenteritis. In: API Textbook of Medicine 10th ed., 2015. YP Munjal.
117. P. C. Bhattacharyya, Rupjyoti Talukdar. Hypertension in the elderly. Cardiology update, 2004; Vol. 2: 127-32.
118. B. P. Chakravarty, Rupjyoti Talukdar. Refractory hypertension. Cardiology update, 2004; Vol. 2: 107-13.
119. B. P. Chakravarty, Rupjyoti Talukdar. Ankylosing spondylitis- in search for new evidence. Update in Medicine, XIII Assam-APICON, 2003; Volume VII: 527-531. (ISBN 81-901905-0-4).
120. P. C. Bhattacharyya, Rupjyoti Talukdar. Falciparum malaria: current drugs, their combination, indication and efficacy. Medicine Update: Proceedings of the scientific sessions, APICON 2003 Varanasi; Volume 13: 144-152.
121. B. P. Chakravarty, Rupjyoti Talukdar. Treatment strategies of SLE- the present and the future. Update in Medicine, XII Assam-APICON, 2002; Volume VI: 268-278.
122. Rupjyoti Talukdar, B. P. Chakravarty. Rheumatic fever- a renewed look. Cardiology Update 2002; Volume I: 235-245.
123. P. C. Bhattacharyya, Neelakshi Mahanta, Rupjyoti Talukdar. Combination therapy in the treatment of malaria. Medicine Update: Proceedings of the scientific sessions, APICON 2002, Chennai; Volume 12: 1116-1119.
124. B. P. Chakravarty, Rupjyoti Talukdar. AIDS vaccine- How far to reality? Update in Medicine, XI Assam-APICON, 2001; Volume V: 518-538.
125. P. C. Bhattacharyya, Vas Dev, N. Mahanta, Rupjyoti Talukdar. Spatial distribution of malaria in relation to breeding habitats in Assam. Update in Medicine, XI Assam-APICON, 2001; Volume V: 505-517.
126. Rupjyoti Talukdar. Apoptosis and its implications: an overview. Caduceus 2008; 2: 28-32.
127. Rupjyoti Talukdar. Cell death in acute pancreatitis: apoptosis, necrosis or both. Gastroenterology Today 2008.
128. Rupjyoti Talukdar. Drug induced hepatic injury. Gastroenterology Today 2005; 9: 171-79.
129. Rupjyoti Talukdar. Pathobiology of Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumours. Gastroenterology Today 2006; 10: 152-55.
Public interest articles in magazines and media:
130. Rupjyoti Talukdar. A Treatise on prostate cancer from a non-urologist. Horizon 2017.
131. Rupjyoti Talukdar. The world of bacteria within: what happens when antibiotics are used. Horizon 2016.
132. Rupjyoti Talukdar. The ‘gas’ problem: is it really gas? Horizon 2015.
133. Rupjyoti Talukdar. A visit to a doctor. Horizon 2014.
134. Rupjyoti Talukdar. Cancer of the Esophagus (Food pipe) in Assam: Are we prepared? Horizon 2009; 1: 23-27.
135. Rupjyoti Talukdar. Higher Medical Education in USA. A career guidance article for youth. Published in the Magazine called FRIENDS, that was published by the organization called FASS (Friends of Assam and Seven Sisters). January, 2010.
136. Yellow Physicians. An article dealing with the myths and misconceptions about jaundice that are prevalent in Assamese society. Published in the SUNDAY READING section of The Assam Tribune on 29th Jan, 2005.
137. Alcohol: the beloved enemy. An article dealing with the deleterious effects of alcohol on health. Published in the MELANGE magazine (in two parts) of The Sentinel, in May 2008.
1. [Forthcoming meeting] ‘Early inflammatory events and mediators in acute pancreatitis: lessons from mouse and humans’ at the 59th Annual Meeting of the Indian Society of Gastroenterology (ISGCON), at Kochi, 30th November, 2018.
2. ‘Pain management in chronic pancreatitis: is there an end of the story?’ at the 1st Annual Meeting of the Northeast Chapter of Indian Society of Gastroenterology, at Shillong, 30th October, 2018
3. Lecture on ‘Data presentation and analyses’ at the DiaSurg Conference for bariatric surgeons, at Hyderabad, 24th August, 2018.
4. ‘Antioxidants micronutrients in chronic pancreatitis: from concept to evidence to practice’; at the 4th Gastro Summit, Kolkata, 25th August, 2018.
5. ‘A closer look at the microbiome’, at the Eco Summit II, Hyderabad, 29 July, 2018.
6. ‘Antioxidants in chronic pancreatitis: what is the evidence:’, at the Association of Physicians of India, Guwahati Chapter, Guwahati, 13th July, 2018.
7. ‘Management of pain in chronic pancreatitis’, at a CME held in Gangtok, Sikkim, 30th June, 2018.
8. ‘Management of severe acute pancreatitis in the first week’, at the Association of Physicians of India, Dibrugarh Chapter, Assam Medical College, Assam, 26th May, 2018.
9. ‘Pain management in chronic pancreatitis’, at a CME conducted by Digestive and Liver Foundation, Guwahati, 27th May, 2018.
10. ‘Incidentally detected pancreatic cyst: whats next?’ at the 16th North East Gastro Meet, Guwahati, 3rd February, 2018.
11. ‘Genetic screeing of pancreatitis’, at the 58th Annual Meeting of the Indian Society of Gastroenterology (ISGCON), at Bhuvaneswar, 14th December, 2017.
12. ‘Research misconduct’ at the Pancreas India Mentorship Program on 17-18th November, New Delhi.
13. ‘Gut microbiota in chronic pancreatitis: therapeutic implications’ at the Pancreas India Mentorship Program meeting on 17-18th November, New Delhi.
14. ‘Targetting the gut microbiota in Type 3c diabetes: Could it be a feasible therapeutic option?’, at the 45th Annual meeting of the Research Society of Study of Diabetes in India (RSSDI) meeting, at Bhuvaneshwar, 4th November, 2017.
15. ‘Management of recurrent acute pancreatitis in children and young adults’, at the 3rd GEMAS Gastro Summit, at Kolkata, 26th August, 2017.
16. ‘Gut microbiome and Type 3c diabetes’, at the ECO Summit, at Hyderabad, 2nd July, 2017.
17. ‘Biomedical statistics from a clinician’s perspective’, at the Pancreas India Mentorship Program, at Hyderabad, 25th June, 2017.
18. ‘Antibiotics in acute pancreatitis: prophylactic versus therapeutic’, at the Pancreas India Mentorship Program, at Hyderabad, 25th June, 2017.
19. ‘Why does pre-clinical trials in acute pancreatitis does not work in the clinics?’, at the Pancreas India Mentorship Program, at Hyderabad, 24th June, 2017.
20. ‘Early versus late severe acute pancreatitis: implications in management’, at the Pancreas India Mentorship Program, at Hyderabad, 24th June, 2017.
21. ‘Recurrent acute pancreatitis: is it genetic, environment, or both?’, at the Pancreas India Mentorship Program, at Hyderabad, 24th June, 2017.
22. ‘Challenges in the management of acute pancreatitis in the first 2 weeks’, at the Kolkata Gut Summit 2017, 27th April, 2017.
23. ‘PERT: unmet needs’, at Focused Group Discussion, at Trivandrum, 1st April, 2017.
24. ‘Role of pancreatic enzyme supplementation in pancreatitis’, at a CME conducted by the GEMAS, at Kolkata, 25th March, 2017.
25. ‘Non-surgical management of chronic pancreatitis’, at a CME conducted by the Association of Surgeons of Assam, Guwahati City Chapter, Guwahati, 19th March, 2017.
26. ‘Genetic of chronic pancreatitis in India: challenges and implications’, at the National Conference on Global Trends in Genetic Diagnosis and Therapeutics organized by the Institute of Genetics and Osmania Hospital for genetic diseases, Hyderabad, 22-23rd February, 2017.
27. ‘Calcium dysregulated: Pathophysiological basis of treatment of acute pancreatitis’; at the Annual Conference of West Bengal Chapter of Indian Society of Gastroenterology, Kolkata, 10-11th February, 2017.
28. ‘Pancreatic islet transplantation in India: from bench to bedside’, at the Northeast Gastro Meet, Guwahati, 4th February, 2017.
29. ‘Advances in the management of chronic pancreatitis’ at the Annual Meeting of the Association of Physicians of India, Mumbai, 29th January, 2017.
30. ‘Management of acute pancreatitis’, Zydus Masterclass Webcast, on 19th January, 2017.
31. Cytokine storm in acute inflammation: a case study from acute pancreatitis’, at the GI Immunology and Inflammation: Bridging the clinician scientist gap meeting, Gurgaon, 14th January, 2017.
32. ‘Treatment of pancreatic exocrine insufficiency’, at the Mid Term CME organized by the Indian Chapter of the IHPBA, Vizag, 26th November, 2016.
33. ‘Pancreatic Islet Transplantation’, at the 8th Jeevandaan Transplant Co-ordinators Meeting, Asian Institute of Nephrology and Urology, Hyderabad, 24th November, 2016.
34. ‘Genetics of chronic pancreatitis’; at the Annual Meeting of the MAHA ISGCON, Nagpur, 5th November 2016.
35. ‘Treatment of pancreatic exocrine insufficiency in diabetic population’; at the 1st International Conference of Indian College of Physician (West Bengal Chapter) and 23rd Annual Meeting of the Association of Physicians of India (West Bengal Chapter) [in collaboration with Royal College of Physicians, Ireland], 1st October, 2016.
36. ‘Antibiotics in acute pancreatitis: prophylactic, empirical and evidence based’; at the 2nd Annual CME conducted by AMRI Hospital and GEMAS, Kolkata, 1st October, 2016.
37. ‘The Indian Gut Microbiome’; at the Gastro Circle III Meeting, Xian, China, 14-15 August, 2016.
38. ‘Aetiopathogenesis of Acute Pancreatitis’; at the CME on Pancreatitis organized by GNRC Hospital, Guwahati, 16th July, 2016.
39. ‘Exocrine insufficiency: an overlooked complication of diabetes’; at the CME organised by the Guwahati Chapter of Association of Physicians of India, 25th June, 2016.
40. ‘Managing chronic pancreatitis: challenges for the physicians’; at the 7th Annual Conference of the North Bengal Physicians Association at Siliguri; 17th June, 2016.
41. ‘Management of acute pancreatitis’; at the CME organised by the Karimnagar Chapter of Association of Physicians of India, at Karimnagar, 12th June, 2016
42. ‘Non endoscopic, non-surgical management of chronic pancreatitis’; at the Purbanchal Gastrocon 2016, Kolkata, 10th April, 2016
43. ‘Pancreatic Exocrine Insufficiency in Diabetes’; at the 2016 Zonal CME conducted by NTRUHS at Guntur Medical College, 28th February, 2016.
44. ‘Killing the pain, not the patient in chronic pancreatitis’; at the 14th North East Gastro Meet, Guwahati, 30th January, 2016.
45. ‘Acute Pancreatitis: Early Management’; at the Gastrointestinal Update, Hyderabad, 24th December, 2016.
46. ‘Management issues in Acute Pancreatitis’; at the Gastro Hepato CME conducted by Calcutta Medical College, 16th December, 2015.
47. ‘IPMN Update’; at the PanCreAsia meeting in Kuala Lumpur, 15th December, 2015.
48. ‘Pancreatic cancer genetics’; at the PanCreAsia meeting in Kuala Lumpur, 14th December, 2015.
49. ‘The gut microbiota: therapeutic manipulation in GI disease’; at the 25th Assam Chapter Annual Meeting of the Association of Physicians of India (APICON), at Tezpur, Assam on 12th December, 2015.
50. ‘Antibiotics in acute pancreatitis: prophylactic, empirical and evidence’; at the Annual Meeting of the Indian Society of Gastroenterology at Indore, 21st November, 2015.
51. ‘Experience with the Wellcome-DBT India Alliance’; at a symposium Clinical Research: Opportunities, Challenges and Impact; jointly organized by the Welcome DBT India Alliance and KIMS, Secunderabad on 4th November 2015.
52. ‘Chronic pancreatitis: Challenges in diagnosis, treatment and follow-up’; at the CME in Gastroenterology, Shillong, September 2015.
53. ‘Improving outcomes in acute pancreatitis: role of the physician’; at a CME conducted by AMRI Hospital, Salt Lake at Kolkata, 23rd August 2015.
54. ‘Managing pain in chronic pancreatitis: issues beyond the pancreatic duct.; at the Tamil Nadu Chapter of the Indian Society of Gastroenterology CME at Chennai, June 2015.
55. ‘Acute pancreatitis in humans: acinar immune interactions’; at the Tamil Nadu Chapter of the Indian Society of Gastroenterology CME at Chennai, June 2015.
56. ‘Landmark publications in translational research likely to change HPB practice’; at the Annual meeting of the IAHPB India, at Hyderabad, March 2015.
57. ‘Treatment targets in acute pancreatitis’; at the Annual meeting of the IAHPB India, at Hyderabad, March 2015.
58. ‘Pancreatic exocrine insufficiency: an overlooked complication of diabetes’; at the 75th APICON 2015 at Gurgaon, February 2015.
59. ‘Pain management in chronic pancreatitis: what can a physician offer?’; at the 13th North East Gastro Meet 2015 at Guwahati, 2nd February 2015.
60. ‘Acute pancreatitis: the first 72hrs’; at the East Zone APICON 2014 at Guwahati, December 2014.
61. ‘Pancreatic exocrine insufficiency in diabetes mellitus’; at DownTown Hospitals, Guwahati in November 2014.
62. ‘Pancreatic stellate cells: Pandora’s box of pancreatic disease biology’; at the Basic Science and Translational Research Symposium, Hyderabad in September, 2014.
63. ‘Management of acute pancreatitis: importance of the first 48-72hrs’; at the Shillong Gastroenterology CME at Barapani, Shillong on 17th August, 2014.
64. ‘Early acinar events in acute pancreatitis’; at the 5th International Conference of the Asian Oceania Pancreas Association at New Delhi in April, 2014.
65. ‘Medical management of acute pancreatitis’; at the 12th Northeast Gastro Meet in Guwahati, Assam, 1st February, 2014.
66. ‘New Classifications of acute pancreatitis’; at the 12th Northeast Gastro Meet in Guwahati, Assam, 1st February, 2014.
67. ‘Revised Atlannta Classifications of acute pancreatitis: have we got it right?’; at the Annual Meeting of the West Bengal Chapter of Indian Society of Gastroenterology, February 22nd, 2014.
68. ‘Fecal transplantation in GI diseases’; at the Annual Conference of the Indian Society of Gastroenterology, Jaipur, November 2013.
69. ‘Islet transplantation: the way ahead’; at the 18th Annual meeting of the North East Diabetes Society (NEDSCON) in Guwahati, Assam, October 5th, 2013.
70. ‘Recent advances in the management of acute pancreatitis’; at a CME organized by the International Hospitals, Guwahati, Assam, October 6th, 2013.
71. ‘Pain in chronic pancreatitis: managing beyond the pancreatic duct’; Pancreas India Mentorship Program, Hyderabad, August 2013.
72. ‘Acute Pancreatitis: Lessons learnt from experimental models’; at the Pancreas India Mentorship program in Delhi, April 2013.
73. Pain management in chronic pancreatitis. 11th Northeast Gastro Meet 2013, Guwahati.
74. ‘Exocrine-endocrine interaction in pancreas’, at the 1st Indo-US Joint Workshop on Pancreatic Islet, in Hyderabad, September 2012.
75. ‘Physiology of pancreatic function’, at the Pancreas India Mentorship program in Hyderabad, May 2012.
76. ‘Beta cell dysfunction in chronic pancreatitis’, at the Pancreas India Mentorship program in Bengaluru, July 2012.
77. ‘Pain mechanisms in chronic pancreatitis’, at the Pancreas India Mentorship program in Bengaluru, July 2012.
78. ‘Relapsing Acute Pancreatitis’ and ‘Medical Management of Chronic Pancreatitis’ at the Gastrocon 2011 (August), Silchar, Assam.
79. ‘Justification of inclusion of a Moderate group in the classification of severity of Acute Pancreatitis’ at a consensus meeting in the International Association of Pancreatology, in Kochi, February 2011.
80. ‘Diabetic gastroparesis: Recent updates’ at Down Town Hospital, Guwahati; August 2010.
81. 'Severity Assessment of Acute Pancreatitis', at the 8th Northeast Gastro Meet, in Guwahati, February 2010.
82. 'Acute Pancreatitis: the first 48 hrs'; at the 19th APICON, Assam and the 3rd NE APICON in Sivsagar, Assam, December 2009.
83. 'Early management of Acute Pancreatitis; at Nazareth Hospital, Shillong, in November 2009.
84. ‘Pathogenesis of Acute Pancreatitis- beyond trypsin’ at Down Town Hospital, Guwahati, India; April 2008.