Call for applications: Senior & Intermediate Fellowships in Biomedical Research
15 Jun 2017
Preliminary applications deadline: 16 July 2017
The Wellcome Trust/DBT India Alliance invites applications for its Senior and Intermediate Fellowship scheme. These Fellowships are available across the full spectrum of biomedical research from fundamental molecular and cellular studies through clinical and public health research*. Interdisciplinary projects are also welcome.
· No age or nationality restrictions. The applicant need not be resident in India while applying but should be willing to relocate to and work in India.
· A salaried position or commitment towards a salaried position at the Host Institution is not required.
· Applicant can have a PhD in any discipline of science.
· This competition is open for basic science/veterinary researchers between 4 -15 years of post-PhD research experience.
· Applicants are advised to choose the most appropriate scheme suitable for them based on their qualification, research experience, career trajectory and track record. Please refer to the guidance notes, provisions and mandate of the scheme for deciding on the scheme you wish to compete for. The Office reserves the right to advise on the suitability of the scheme accordingly.
Eligibility guidance notes:
Senior Fellowship: For researchers who have demonstrated their potential to lead an independent research program and want to expand it further to undertake pioneering research. Suitable for applicants with 7-15 years of post-PhD research experience.
Intermediate Fellowship: For postdoctoral researchers who have been successful in building a track record of pursuing a cutting edge research and wish to establish their own independent research program in India. Suitable for applicants with 4-7 years of post-PhD research experience.
Provisions: The 5 year Fellowship support provides
· competitive personal salary support
· generous and flexible funds for research
· funds to develop international collaborations
Requirements: The following are essential for the application.
· A research proposal that is based on a hypothesis and seeks to answer an original biomedical research question
· A not-for-profit Host Institution in India that will administer the Fellowship for the full duration of the award
· A sponsor at the Host Institution, who can guarantee space and resources for the duration of the award
Application forms will be available on the India Alliance online application System (IASys) at https://grants.indiaalliance.org/Login.aspx on 15 June 2017.
Please visit our website https://indiaalliance.org/fellowshiptype/basic-biomedical-research-fellowships for further information on these Fellowships. You can write to us at [email protected] if you have any queries.
*We encourage Clinicians and Public Health researchers to apply in a separate competition, which will be announced in January 2018.