Call for application : EMBO Research Leadership Course I March 2018
01 Nov 2017
Leadership and management skills are critical for a successful career in science. The Wellcome Trust/DBT India Alliance, with support from European Molecular Biology Organization (EMBO) is bringing this course to satisfy the needs of researchers in India.
- Introduce key academic leadership concepts;
- Develop further individual leadership styles;
- Convey key communication skills;
- Learn how to effectively select the right staff;
- Expand support network for leadership issues in academia.
The four-day EMBO Research Leadership Course will cover topics including:
- leadership skills;
- communication skills;
- team development;
- conflict solving strategies;
- effective problem solving;
- staff selection..
Practical exercises, in the form of role-play and discussion groups, provide hands-on experience. The principle of this course is – "As much theory as necessary and as much practice as possible".
To apply for participation in the Course, the applicant must be
- Assistant or Associate Professor (or equivalent) in Life Sciences.
- Prepared to pay refundable advance of INR 10,000, if selected for the course. This fee will be refunded after the course to those who have attended the complete course.
Prepared to make their own travel and pay for their accommodation arranged by India Alliance in a 3-star hotel or equivalent.
Application deadline: 20 January 2018, 5 PM (IST)
Complete the Online Application form ; https://bit.do/leadershipcourse
Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any questions regarding this course or visit our website for more information.
We would appreciate if you could display the course flier on your notice board and/or share this information with anyone who might be interested in attending this course.
Gesellschaft zur Förderung der Lebenswissenschaften (GFLW), Germany
GFLW aims to foster science and research by organising scientific events and financing courses and workshops for scientists. It delivers the EMBO Laboratory Leadership Courses on behalf of EMBO.
Supported and facilitated by
Wellcome Trust/DBT India Alliance (India Alliance) is an initiative funded equally by the Wellcome Trust, UK and Department of Biotechnology, India, aimed at promoting basic biomedical, clinical and public health research in India through funding and engagement.
European Molecular Biology Organisation (EMBO) is a professional organization of life scientists in Europe. Its goal is to promote research in life science and enable international exchange between scientists.