Call for applications : India I EMBO Symposia 2019
15 Dec 2017
The Wellcome Trust/DBT India Alliance (India Alliance) and European Molecular Biology Organization (EMBO) are looking to fund interdisciplinary meetings that cover the latest developments in research areas underserved in India. These meetings should address discovery and innovation through an interdisciplinary approach, with the speakers and participants discussing important global challenges in the context of the life sciences.
- India | EMBO Symposia must take place in India, but scientists from anywhere in the world are eligible to apply, independent of their nationality.
- India | EMBO Symposia must cover frontier, pioneering and interdisciplinary areas of life sciences that are underserved in India, and include speakers with interdisciplinary expertise. Furthermore, the application should include a list of (mostly) confirmed speakers.
The maximum funding available for an India | EMBO Symposia is 60,000 euros.
- The deadline for applications for meetings taking place between the 1st of January 2019 and the 31st of December 2019 is 15 February 2018, 14:00 CEST.
- Applicants will be asked to complete an online and an offline application form.
- All incoming applications are screened to ensure eligibility requirements are met.
- The decision on which proposals receive funding is jointly made by the EMBO Course Committee and the India Alliance Meetings Committee in May.
- All applicants are informed of the outcome of their application by email shortly after the committee meetings.
For detailed information on the eligibility criteria, application process, key dates, format of the meeting and required documentation, please consult the application guidelines or visit India | EMBO Symposia website.
Download India I EMBO Symposia flier (pdf)