Call for applications : 17th Science Communication workshop, 24-25 September 2018, New Delhi
27 Jun 2018
The Wellcome Trust/DBT India Alliance is pleased to announce its 17th Science Communication Workshop that will be held in New Delhi on 24-25 September 2018. The two-day Workshop will provide an interactive platform for young researchers to discuss with their peers and mentors various issues pertaining to science communication and career advancement.
The Workshop will cover aspects like:
- Ethics in research
- Presentation skills
- Manuscript & Grants writing
- Learning from choices/ Planning a successful career in science
Eligibility: To apply for participation in the Workshop, applicant must be
- a senior PhD student OR a junior postdoctoral researcher OR a clinician researcher who is pursuing or has completed a postgraduate degree (MD/MS/MDS/MPH/equivalent) and is involved in active biomedical research
- broadly working in the area of biomedical science at a Research Institute/University in India
- prepared to submit a 1000-word research proposal, if invited to attend the Workshop. During the Grantsmanship module of the Workshop, a mentor would provide feedback on the proposal.
- prepared to pay a refundable advance of INR 3,000 towards course material, if invited to attend the Workshop
Deadline for submitting the online application is 11 July 2018, 12 noon IST
Note: Only applicants who are selected to attend the Workshop will be notified by early August 2018. Follow this link if you are unable to access the online application form; www.bit.ly/scicommindia
Please write to us should you have any questions regarding this workshop.
We would appreciate it if you could share this information with anyone who might be interested in participating at this workshop. Download the flier here.