Senior and Intermediate Fellowships in Biomedical Research
01 Jul 2015
Senior Fellowships: For researchers with a proven track record of leading an independent research group to establish or expand their research programme in India. For applicants with 7-15 years of post-PhD research experience.
Intermediate Fellowships: For postdoctoral researchers who want to establish an independent research career in India. For applicants with 4-7 years of post-PhD research experience.
· No age or nationality restrictions
· A PhD in any discipline of science
· The candidates need not be resident in India while applying but should be willing to relocate and work in India
· A salaried position or commitment towards a salaried position at the Host Institution is not required.
· Applications from Clinicians and Public health researchers will not be processed through this round of competition.
Remit: Full spectrum of biomedical science from fundamental molecular and cellular studies through clinical and public health research**. Interdisciplinary projects are welcome.
Provisions: The 5 year Fellowship support provides
· Competitive personal salary support
· Generous and flexible funds for research
· Funds to develop international collaborations
Requirements: The following are essential for the application.
· A research proposal that is based on a hypothesis and seeks to answer an original biomedical research question
· A not-for-profit Host Institution in India that will administer the Fellowship for the full duration of the award
· A sponsor at the Host Institution, who can guarantee space and resources for the duration of the award
Preliminary applications due by 13 August, 2015
Application forms will be available on the India Alliance Online application System (IASys) at https://grants.indiaalliance.org/Login.aspx
Please visit our website https://indiaalliance.org for further information on the application process. Please write to us with queries to [email protected]
**We encourage Clinicians and Public Health researchers to apply in a separate competition which will be announced next year.