Senior & Intermediate Fellowships in Biomedical Research 2016
25 Jan 2016
Senior and Intermediate Fellowships in Biomedical Research 2016
- No age or nationality restrictions
- A PhD in any discipline of science The candidates need not be resident in India while applying but should be willing to relocate to and work in India
- A salaried position or commitment towards a salaried position at the Host Institution is not required.
- This competition is open for basic science/veterinary researchers between 4 -15 years of post-PhD research experience.
- The Applicants are advised to choose the most appropriate scheme suitable for them based on their qualification, research experience, career trajectory and track record. Please refer to the guidance notes, provisions and mandate of the scheme for deciding on the scheme you wish to compete for. The Office reserves the right to advice on the suitability of the scheme accordingly.
Senior Fellowship: For researchers who have been successful in building a track record of pursuing a cutting edge research and wish to establish their own independent research program in India. Suitable for applicants with 7-15 years of post-PhD research experience.
Intermediate Fellowship: For postdoctoral researchers who have demonstrated their potential to lead an independent research program and want to expand it further to undertake pioneering research. Suitable for applicants with 4-7 years of post-PhD research experience
Remit: Full spectrum of biomedical science from fundamental molecular and cellular studies through clinical and public health research. Interdisciplinary projects are welcome.
Provisions: The 5 year Fellowship support provides
- Competitive personal salary support
- Generous and flexible funds for research
- Funds to develop international collaborations
Requirements: The following are essential for the application.
- A research proposal that is based on a hypothesis and seeks to answer an original biomedical research question
- A not-for-profit Host Institution in India that will administer the Fellowship for the full duration of the award
- A sponsor at the Host Institution, who can guarantee space and resources for the duration of the award
Preliminary applications due by 7 March, 2016
Application forms will be available on the India Alliance Online application System (IASys) at https://grants.indiaalliance.org/Login.aspx on 1 February 2016.
Please visit our website page https://indiaalliance.org/fellowshiptype/basic-biomedical-research-fellowships for further information on the application process. Please write to us with queries to email@example.com
**We encourage Clinicians and Public Health researchers to apply in a separate competition, which is currently open. Please visit our website www.wellcomedbt.org for further information