This is an electronic record in terms of Information Technology Act, 2000 and rules there under as applicable and the amended provisions pertaining to electronic records in various statutes as amended by the Information Technology Act, 2000. This electronic record is generated by a computer system and does not require any physical or digital signatures.
WE WANT YOU TO
• Feel comfortable using https://www.indiaalliance.org
• Feel reasonably secure submitting information to us
• Contact us with your questions or concerns about privacy on https://www.indiaalliance.org
• By accessing, browsing, using https://www.indiaalliance.org, you consent to the collection of certain data
WHAT INFORMATION IS, OR MAY BE, COLLECTED FROM YOU?
We will automatically receive and collect certain anonymous information in standard usage logs through our Web server, including computer-identification information obtained from "cookies," sent to your browser from a
We may collect the following sensitive personal data or information (SPDI) about you:
We may also collect the following information:
• about the pages you visit / access
• the links you click on https://www.indiaalliance.org
• the number of times you access a page on https://www.indiaalliance.org
WHO COLLECTS THE INFORMATION
Some of your sensitive personal data or information may be collected, received, possessed, stored, dealt with or handled by:
M/s. Wellcome Trust/DBT India Alliance,
# H. No. 8-2-684/3/K/19, 1st Floor, Kaushik Society
Road No. 12, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad – 500034
We will collect anonymous traffic information from you when you access https://www.indiaalliance.org
We may collect sensitive personal data or identifiable information about you only as a part of a voluntary registration process.
HOW IS THE INFORMATION USED?
We use your personal information submitted to us via the contact page on https://www.indiaalliance.org for
• providing information requested by you specifically relating to:
We may also use your sensitive personal information to:
• help us provide personalized features
• tailor https://www.indiaalliance.org to your interest
• to get in touch with you or contact you when necessary
• to preserve social history as governed by existing law or policy
Generally, we use anonymous traffic information to:
• remind us of who you are in order to deliver to you a better and more personalized service;
• recognize your access privileges to https://www.indiaalliance.org
• help diagnose problems with our server, https://www.indiaalliance.org
• administer https://www.indiaalliance.org
• track your session so that we can understand better how people use https://www.indiaalliance.org
DISCLOSURE POLICY IN COMPLIANCE WITH RULE 6 OF THE IT RULES 2011
The sensitive personal data or information may be disclosed to any person, if such disclosure is required for a lawful purpose connected with a function or activity of https://www.indiaalliance.org
The sensitive personal data or information may be disclosed, where the disclosure is necessary for compliance of a legal obligation.
We do not rent, sell, publish or share your sensitive personal data and we will not disclose any of your personally identifiable information unless:
• we have your permission
• Special circumstances such as compliance with subpoenas, court orders, requests/order from legal authorities or law enforcement agencies requiring such disclosure.
WHAT CHOICES ARE AVAILABLE TO YOU REGARDING COLLECTION, USE AND DISTRIBUTION OF YOUR INFORMATION?
Sharing your sensitive personal identifiable information is entirely voluntary. You need not register with us in order to use https://www.indiaalliance.org. However, in order to contact us or get any information relating to fellowships, public engagements, science communication workshop, general information relating to Wellcome Trust/DBT India Alliance, we may collect the above-mentioned personal information from you.
You can accept or decline the cookies. All sites that are customizable require that you accept cookies. You also must accept cookies to register as someone for access to some of our services. For information on how to set your browser to alert you to cookies, or to reject cookies, go to http://www.cookiecentral.com/faq/.
WHAT SECURITY PROCEDURES ARE IN PLACE TO PROTECT INFORMATION FROM LOSS, MISUSE OR ALTERATION?
To protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control, and to comply with Rule 8 of IT Rules, 2011 (Reasonable security practices and procedures and sensitive personal data or information), we have in place appropriate physical, electronic, technical, operational and managerial procedures.
Our servers are accessible only to authorized personnel and your information is shared with respective personnel to complete the transaction and to provide the services requested by you.
Although we will endeavor to safeguard the confidentiality of your sensitive personal identifiable information, transmissions made by means of the Internet cannot be made absolutely secure. By browsing, accessing, using https://www.indiaalliance.org in whatsoever manner, you agree that we shall have no liability for disclosure of your information due to errors in transmission or unauthorized acts of third parties including any cyber-attacks.
HOW CAN YOU CORRECT INACCURACIES IN THE INFORMATION?
To correct or update any information you have provided during registration, you can update or correct the inaccuracies therein through your registered account. However, you shall be responsible for informing us the same.
In the event of loss of access details, you may
• Send an e-mail to [email protected]
We reserve the right to change or update this policy at any time by placing a prominent notice on https://www.indiaalliance.org. Such changes shall be effective immediately upon posting the same on https://www.indiaalliance.org